The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
60ratrod
yes, i do

its started.....

ok so i got back from the boat friday. yay me!!! pardon me while i do a quick happy nipple rubbing dance....ok. so yesterday i started mounting my new(er) bed. i managed to get it fairly straight with the cab by just eyeballing it. yay me again!! anyway, after i managed to get the bed floating over the frame and all, i found out how much more i have to do to the box. now i have to move the fenders forward about 6 inches, either extend my frame about 6-8 inches, cause my truck is sitting on a mid 70's blazer frame, or bob the back of the bed, and re-install the bed floor. but its looking friggen awesome though. i'll make sure to take some photos today and show you guys what it looks like, but not bad for a dodge bed
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
slepysal

Re: its started.....

pics !!! we need pics !

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
hewlett2002000

happy nipple rubbing dance? have fun(i think)
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 AM   #4
60ratrod
yes, i do

so i guess the verdict is in. lol. well now its the close of day three of bed swap on project problem child. unfortunately i can only work on my truck for 7.5 hours cause of the auto hobby shop on base. anyway i took some photos before i started today. i managed to get the box bobbed about 6.5 inches on the front, i didn't cut any off the ass. it isn't mounted yet i still got some work to do to the mounts but its in position. i did a pretty good job at centering the front bed mount by just eye balling it. so with out further a due here's the long awaited photos. sorry for the overly large photos. my camera wigged out on me and reset all my settings and i didn't make the size smaller when i took them

before i started

[IMG][/IMG]

during bed swap(after photos to come later obviously)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 60ratrod; 08-20-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:02 AM   #5
fercho71

nice truck man congratulations welcome back
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #6
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

You Did Good Man...............................................looks Awesome..................hemmit
Demmit_Hemmit's 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
60ratrod
yes, i do

well day 4 went pretty well. got the forward mount fixed, bed slid forward, and the front part of the bed bolted down. i ended up tack welding the aft mounts to the frame for the time being. the back of the bed still sits too high and the floor isn't in. but hey, i'm not payin $45 per week at the auto hobby shop anymore. what i'm going to do for a bed floor is put a piece of good plywood down as a floor base and then i'm either going to use cherry wood slats or paduke (its an orange hardwood and rather expensive) and maybe alternate with some walnut to go with my black and orange paint scheme. will post more photos later