The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #101
C10 Club Tennessee

Re: Lowered Trucks and the Police

Wow, I just read some of those comments, or opionons above. Somehow missed them. See, that's the kind of attitude that gets you "harassed". I can't imagine why you might get a ticket or have your vehicle searched with an attitude like that. Why would a police officer, who by the way has a CHOICE, to right you a ticket or not give you a warning when you probably are giving him crap and being disrespectful. I doubt you have the cahunas to say that to their face which few do, mostly because there's no sense in it. I never felt disrespected when I was a police officer. I have the worst temper and no patience when I do just about anything in life, mowing, working on the truck, etc. But when I was a police officer I just let if roll off of my back. My wife for years couldn't understand it. She expected me to be on TV for bashing some guys head in, but it never bothered me. I for one always tried to treat the public with respect and if it wasn't returned then I just wrote the ticket or put the cuffs on, if it was an arrest. They just weren't going to be talked to or I wasn't going to answer there questions. I didn't make any money doing that job and it is a respectable profession that yes, is drug through the mud on a daily basis. What profession isn't?? Bottom line is that police interact with the public and can make choices for them without their liking. We live in a control freak society and people don't like being told what to do.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
Old 09-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #102
bigjimzlll

This thread has been reported to me....It's very close to being locked.(it probably will be) I just don't like to edit..censor or lock with out letting you guys try to behave after a warning.
I would appreciate any opinions be tempered with a little tack and diplomacy.

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #103
smirch9

Sorry for your troubles however this thread has gone where it shouldn't have, so um bye bye.

Have you subscribed? Click here.

Order your site t-shirts and apparel here!
Closed Thread