The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #26
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: Another vent thread!

Most manufacturers warrantees are good for the amount of time that the manufacturer gives. In this case GM. Yours happened to be 3 years or 36,000 miles and that is all that GM is responcible for. If you have problems with certain components that cary a longer warrantee, like your battery, or tires for example, then you are supposed to take it up with the manufacturer of that particular part. In this case your battery. The same holds true in all sorts of consumer products. Another example is a house. If your house was built with a 40 year roof and it goes bad in 20 years, the contractor that built or sold you the house will not put a new roof on under warrantee. They will tell you to get in touch with the company that manufactures the shingles to have them warrentee it. When your GM dealer (parts manager) sold you a new battery and prorated it, he did it because you were an unsatisfied customer. This way they hope that you will be back for another car, or more parts. Sears does it with their craftsman tool also... They did what they could for you, and you should be happy with it. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #27
MyakkaJeff

Thanks for the reply WES, but I associate AC/Delco with Chevy, which I know I probably shouldn't. Is it not true that the Chevy dealer can take my old battery to their supplier and get some credit for it? I don,t know of any way to deal directly with Delco. They're usually sold through autoparts stores or car dealers aren't they?
'68 C10 lwb fleetside (17 yr old son's ongoing project)
'03 HUMMER H2 (wife's)
'06 3500 flatbed liftgate (My work truck)
MyakkaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #28
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I am sure if you ask, the parts manager would give you the number for your local A/C Delco representive. (That is if your don't piss him off) I know around here we have A/C Delco battery dealers too. I doubt that any other parts house would have anything to do with it. As for the dealership being able to send it back for a partial refund, I am sure that they can, but wether it's worth it to them or not is another story. WES

I am sure that you know this, but A/C Delco is not GM. GM just uses mostly A/C Delco electrical componants.
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys

Last edited by Classic Heartbeat; 09-12-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #29
MyakkaJeff

I think the parts guy didn't like that the battery came from a different dealer when it was replaced. When you need a battery you get it from the nearest place when you're stranded. It was replaced under warranty the first time but don't tell me I didn't pay for it. I PAYED for it when I bought the truck. That's why I needed to vent. THANKS GUYS, you're all great.
'68 C10 lwb fleetside (17 yr old son's ongoing project)
'03 HUMMER H2 (wife's)
'06 3500 flatbed liftgate (My work truck)
MyakkaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

The best luck I have had with getting problems fixed is by climbing the ladder.If I know I'm right and getting flack from Customer"No Service" I just ask whether they can fix the problem or not(Most are trained to start out saying "NO" so you will just give up and the Co. doesn't have to spend to fix it) After they tell me they don't have the authority/power to do so ,I ask for their supervisor.And go up from there.I once spoke to a marketing VP(about the 4-5 person) who started the "no" routine with me but after I asked for his boss he started getting a bit closer to getting the problem taken care of.
Usually even if the problem should be taken care of by the co.they will try to find a way to disallow the warranty.If I find a company that just takes care of me I usually go back.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 09-12-2007 at 08:16 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote