The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Question Whats it worth?

I know I need pics but heres some info.
54' 5 window truck
nova front
350/350
pretty solid, needs cab corners, tailgate/repair?, wiring harness?, odds/ends, door glass.
I'll try and get some pictures up but I just need a quick from what to what would this be worth. I'm lookin' at buying it.

My Build
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Hart_Rod

Re: Whats it worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
I know I need pics but heres some info.
54' 5 window truck
nova front
350/350
pretty solid, needs cab corners, tailgate/repair?, wiring harness?, odds/ends, door glass.
I'll try and get some pictures up but I just need a quick from what to what would this be worth. I'm lookin' at buying it.
$4000-$5000, depending on how much rust.

R
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
Big J

Thanks for the help..... Looks like I'm gonna try and get it.

My Build
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
lotussutol

really need pics to see what it is worth and details on the engine/tranny.
1952 Chevy Coupe Deluxe car
lotussutol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Daniel U

'54 5 windows are harder to find as they are a year specific truck. Keep in mind that if you plan on keeping the truck a true '54, there are some things unique to these trucks. Check out my build thread or my mom's. Both are '54 5 windows. I've changed a few things on mine, but it's mostly a stock exterior. I'd like to see some pics! Keep us posted.
Mom's 1954 (TBI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10) 5 Chevrolet window 3/4 ton long bed Pick up
build thread ->http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=228674
My 1954 (TPI 5.7/700R4/10 bolt 3:73) Chevrolet 5 window 1/2 ton short bed Pick up
build thread->http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...3&goto=newpost
1960 (400/T350/?) Apache 10 short/fleet side-big window
1973 (TPI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10 w DANA 60 front) Chevrolet Cheyenne 4X4
2013 (Vortec 5.3/6-speed 6L90 automatic) Sierra LT CREW CAB
Doing my part to warm the globe
Daniel U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
mr48chev

I have to agree with the other guys, without detailed photos it is near impossible to give a value on the truck.

A few other things to consider.
How well is the subframe installed? I've seen some great installations and I have seen some terrible ones that are nothing but junk.

Does it run and drive or is it still in the building stage?

Are the engine and trans fresh or are they used items pulled out of a doner rig?

Is the rear end properly installed and is it in the way you want to keep it?

How is the core support mounted and which radiator did they use. Does everything hook up solid so that there no issues to be solved later?

Does the truck sit right? is the stance the way you want it when the truck is finished?

Would you be paying extra for wheels and tires that don't fit your plans for the finished truck? If you don't like them will he discount the price accordingly and keep them? What I am saying here is don't pay extra for wheels and tires that you may pull off at the first chance and put what you want on the truck.

One of the other guys asked the glass question, good.

Interior, I expect bare bones at that price but that is ok as each of us has his own concept of what an interior in his truck should be like. Again don't pay extra for an upholstery job that you would want to change.

4k doesn't sound out of line these days for a presentable advanced Design truck with a 350/350 and subframe that you could drive home.

Personally I would rather not run another truck that had been subframed although I ran the one shown on my avator close to 100k with a 68 Camaro stub and it handled great. I just think that the Mustang II style crossmember setup is a lot cleaner and keeps the original frame intact which keeps all of the body pieces inline better.

Like the other said, WE want photos
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
mr48chev

I have to agree with the other guys, without detailed photos it is near impossible to give a value on the truck.

A few other things to consider.
How well is the subframe installed? I've seen some great installations and I have seen some terrible ones that are nothing but junk.

Does it run and drive or is it still in the building stage?

Are the engine and trans fresh or are they used items pulled out of a doner rig?

Is the rear end properly installed and is it in the way you want to keep it?

How is the core support mounted and which radiator did they use. Does everything hook up solid so that there no issues to be solved later?

Does the truck sit right? is the stance the way you want it when the truck is finished?

Would you be paying extra for wheels and tires that don't fit your plans for the finished truck? If you don't like them will he discount the price accordingly and keep them? What I am saying here is don't pay extra for wheels and tires that you may pull off at the first chance and put what you want on the truck.

One of the other guys asked the glass question, good.

Interior, I expect bare bones at that price but that is ok as each of us has his own concept of what an interior in his truck should be like. Again don't pay extra for an upholstery job that you would want to change.

4k doesn't sound out of line these days for a presentable advanced Design truck with a 350/350 and subframe that you could drive home.

Personally I would rather not run another truck that had been subframed although I ran the one shown on my avator close to 100k with a 68 Camaro stub and it handled great. I just think that the Mustang II style crossmember setup is a lot cleaner and keeps the original frame intact which keeps all of the body pieces inline better.

Like the other said, WE want photos
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
Big J

I'll try and get some photos this week. Pics are the best way to judge.

My Build
Old 09-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
Big J

Re: Whats it worth? Heres the pics.....

I know its been awhile but I finally took some pics. So tell me if yall think I should leave it sit or get it. If I do get it I'll be taking it down to the frame and fixing/modding/repairing/painting/etc. from there.
So let'er rip.... Honest opinions please..... Good start, bad start, what the bleep am I thinking????? lol....
Attached Images

My Build
Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Big J

more pics...
Attached Images

My Build
Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
Big J

and some more....
Attached Images

My Build
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
mylow53

thats alot of rust the big question is how streight is the nova clip was it installed correctly.... every thing else can be replaced!
mylow53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #13
Huck

Jason, that thing has a LOT of rust behind what you can see. Those trucks can be real expensive for parts, glass, etc. Take a few minutes to get some on line prices from vendors like LMC etc. Glass, body stuff---is all much more expensive then 67-72 and not as available. Firewall rusts, doors, rear quarters, inner rockers, cab floors, etc. The 54 year ran through mid 55 before then changed over to the newer style. don't know the asking price but if over $2K I would pass.
Had a neighbor down here with a 56 Texas stepside that was rock solid with a rebuilt 327, MustangII front end to go into it. The truck was very original and he had it on his lawn for sale at $5,500. then $5,000. then $4,500. It finally sold for around $4K which was probably a decent buy. It still needed the motor and front end installed, new glass, etc.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
Daniel U

Honestly, if you're happy with the ride/alignment of the front end, no more than $2k. Looks like you'll need a bunch of body work if that's the direction you intend on going. If you plan on just getting it road worthy and don't mind the rust or dents, you'll be money ahead. If you're not dead set on that year, there are probably more 47-53 trucks that are in that good or better condition for less. The parts for them are easier to find also. I don't want to discourage you from tackling this resto, but be sure you price out all of your parts. I really encourage you to read my entire thread. I started out with a 3/4 ton longbed '54. I now have a standard bed 1/2 ton with 4 wheel disc, mustII independent susp., PS, PW, EFI, custom fuel tank, elect. windshield wipers, and a few small body mods, etc. We have $30k in parts to get where we're at with our '54. Some of what pushed me the direction I went was my emotional attachment, as this was my 1st truck. Do you do body work? Do you do engine, brake, and interior? Most of us here don't do it all, so add in labor to your build. Have a clear plan for what you want when you're finished. My project evolved from a $30k budget to a $60k budget. Try to be realistic with yourself. If you do end up getting it, learn patience. It seems to be a motif in my life. Just my .02
Mom's 1954 (TBI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10) 5 Chevrolet window 3/4 ton long bed Pick up
build thread ->http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=228674
My 1954 (TPI 5.7/700R4/10 bolt 3:73) Chevrolet 5 window 1/2 ton short bed Pick up
build thread->http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...3&goto=newpost
1960 (400/T350/?) Apache 10 short/fleet side-big window
1973 (TPI 5.7/700R4/14 bolt 4:10 w DANA 60 front) Chevrolet Cheyenne 4X4
2013 (Vortec 5.3/6-speed 6L90 automatic) Sierra LT CREW CAB
Doing my part to warm the globe
Daniel U is offline   Reply With Quote