The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
skillet

Carrier Bearing ?

I have a '69 GMC 1/2 ton 350 auto. I went to change my carrier bearing and the one from the parts house had the right diameter, but nothing else. My truck has what I think is the original bracket that sandwiches a rubber encased bearing within the 2 halves of the bracket. The only replacement bearings I have found comes with their own bracket, which would raise up the middle of my drive shaft and the holes don't even line up. I even took the new bearing out of it's bracket and tried to sandwich it between the two halves of my original bracket, but even it's rubber is too thick to let the halves bolt back together. I don't know if I should keep looking for a bearing, if they even exist, or try something else. Thanks for any input.
skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 09:22 PM   #2
neonlarry

Try here: http://www.iedls.com/ The parts store ones are not made well at all, and the break very easily. I got one of these, and while I haven't put it on yet, I doubt I will ever have to replace it.

neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote