The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
Tim64

Door glass size problem

Hey All,
I’ve got a question about the size of door glass. I got my truck as sort of a basket case, and a lot of stuff had just been thrown together. The door glass is one of these. The regulators seem to work fine, but with the glass sitting down in the track in lacks about ½ an inch of going up all the way. I know there is glass tape that goes into the track the glass sits in, but it’s not going to make up the difference. So I’m wondering if I have the right glass or what. The overall height is 16 7/8 “. I was thinking of just buying some new glass and having it cut ½ “ longer. Do you guys have any ideas? I could sure use some help with this one.
Thanks,
Tim
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Tim64

Re: Door glass size problem

Well, I spoke with a tech. guy at Classic Auto and he told me my glass was the right size, or at least the same size they sold for my year truck. So i'm kinda lost. The regulator looks to run out of travel, but I guess that has to be where the problem lies.
Tim
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Skirtchaser

Re: Door glass size problem

Greetings,
Make sure that the gear drive is clocked correctly, it could be a tooth or two off and that would cause the glass not to rise to the correct height. Good luck!
Skirtchaser is offline   Reply With Quote