The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
82c10
needin' money

Bye, bye!

well, i had put my truck up for sale a while ago, after i got screwed on a transmission trade, had around $1,700 into the motor i built, sold it around 2 months ago i think , for a mere $500, never was able to sell it without a tranny, that's when i decided to sell the motor, well i put it on craigslist a week ago i guess, for $650 , so i got many phone calls/e-mails they thought it still was driveable, and i would always respond back No motor or tranny, anyways we are gonna be sheetrocking a school for a local church, and my dad missed the phone call from the guy who is the main contractor, so my dad called him back today about 3 pm and asked him how did it go at texas, the guy said we didn't end up going to texas, that they just took the 04 lightning to Sooner Motorplex at lawton, and they were fixing to leave for thunder valley, i asked if they needed another crew person, anyways he said we have an extra seat, so i left and went to noble. We unload the truck off the trailer, and around 5:30 a guy calls me about the truck, i said alright, and told him directions to my house,(he lives 1 hour away) so i call about 1 hour later, then another 30 minutes, then again, well finally around 7:45 i called again and they had just got there, well anyways the lightning went it's quickest that is has ever went in the 1/8th mile, but back on topic, they call later, and the guy bought it from me for $550 which is the lowest i said i would go, i didn't see them pull of with it, but i am excited for it to be gone, i have had it for 3 years this month, and it has been a yard ornament for about 1 1/2 years, i really just wanted it to leave and of course lost money on it, i am so glad to have it gone, i don't know if i will ever get another chevy truck, maybe i will, maybe i won't i have went to the better side of things (blue oval) and have owned 8 ford products to 3 chevy products, i am a blue oval boy now and will have a 12th vehicle(most likely a ford) soon, i put blood, sweat, and money into the thing and was not able to get enough money back in return, well, i will probably still visit the site on average about once a week, but i am just so glad to have it gone, ir is a burden off of me now, talk to you later(sorry for the non-grammaticaly correct post
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: Bye, bye!

Hate to hear you went to the dark side.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:07 AM   #3
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

nooooooooo,,not the blue oval..but i cant say to much,i got to of the other brand,,one i bought for family car, other was given to me, and since it get 24 plus mpg i will drive it,,lol
see you around
Old 09-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Trucks is trucks in my books. Just because your driving a Ferd doesn't mean you can't hang out here....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:05 AM   #5
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I've had a few of those other brands in my life. I just bleed the wrong color to stick with the blue ovals. To each his own as they say.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
bigtruck81

holy run on sentence batman! that was tough to read!

sucks that you lost so bad on it
bigtruck81 is offline   Reply With Quote