The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
rembrant

after market doors

I was wondering if some one could tell me how well most after market door fit, or if someone has some nice oem doors for sale also need a nice right side fender.
rembrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: after market doors

Welcome to the Board.
First just a friendly reminder that you must be a subscriber to buy/sell or post a WIW (What's it worth) thread.There are links at the top of the page to subscribe(the best $25.00) you will spend on your truck IMHO>The aftermarket doors seem pretty good.The thing you have to be aware of is that the trucks were built 40 years ago.The tolerances required by the factory weren't as close and shimming was required when the trucks were new.The same is true of the repops.Some here don't like them others do.I think it depends on how much bodywork you have done and what kind of panel gaps you intend.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Rokcrln

Re: after market doors

Well if your doors are beyond repair then aftermarket doors will be alot less work . Yes most will still need some work to make them fit just right because non of these old trucks are just alike. Even goodmark will tell you that their doors may need some tweaking of the door frame to even cutting the frame loose and re-setting it. This is not a bad thing because you are still starting with new rust free metal but it still may need a few hours work. Hope this helps in your progress.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote