The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

just when you thought it was safe to cruise the forum

Hey people
you all knew ( well the old timers here anyway) that i sold the 86 a while back and that got rid of the last of the 73-87 chevy trucks i had in the fleet . Well i kinda missed the old trucks and the wife and i decided to buy another beater truck to use as a hauler on our projects upstate NY and maybe fool with some. After much searching and looking at trucks we settled on a truck owned by a member here fdrummer28. He was nice enough to drive up to meet me at the local mall and i drove it and paid him on the spot for the truck. So now we have this 82 with heavy suspension. We plan on replacing the shocks and the exhaust. For the exhaust for now we will do fromt he resonator back but eventually we will do headers mufflers and strait pipes out the back and some body work to get rid of the rust issues
In addition we will install a trans cooler and fix up the interior and repair the air conditioner
So anyway youll be hearing from me more and ill be lurking and busting chops for answers again and well the peace and quiet in here is over LOL
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
jermasaurus

Re: just when you thought it was safe to cruise the forum

Cool.
Nice lookin turck.

Doesn't sound like too serious of problems.

When I bought my truck, It seems like I immediatly got into all sorts of problems. But once I figured a Few things out, I havn't had any problems with my truck for 3 years or so now.

I better not say anything or somthing is bound to go wrog.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #3
knightlife
Dark Heart Motorsports

I'd hit it...

2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.0 powwwaa!!! custom jumpseat install w/ captain seats, Hypertech tuner, MSD Blaster Coils, CB and twin antenna's, all electric interior, touch screen in dash. custom center console, with jump seat replacing original console. 1500 HD!
knightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

Way to go, Bob! Nice looking truck. Looks like you moved out of Old Bridge?

-Todd

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

yeah i sold that house to my ex wife and moved into Brooklyn to take care of the ailing parents . Im an only chld for all practical purposes , but i get away to my country place when i can..i miss NJ but not the taxes lol

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

You're a real mensch. Not sure how I'm gonna manage that, when my parents live so far away from my job and I live in a center city 3 story with narrow staircases.

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Its ot easy but my mother was literally born in the house they live in and its been in the family since 1910. I hate it here but i figure being they changed my diapers when i coudlnt take care of me i owe it to them to take care of them now that they cant take care of them so i moved here and fix the house upstate ( go up every month for a weekend at least) and plan on moving there after im no longer needed with my parents

I hate cancer!!