The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #26
AlienYouth

Re: Seatbelt Legality

It the liberals' fault!! : p <- smiley as not to offend any liberals out there : )
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #27
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I hear these "If I was wearing a seat belt I would have been dead" stories all the time. I have a friend that was with his family in their newer suburban. They were up in the mt's to go skiing, but were parked in a long line of cars waiting for some snow to be plowed out of the way. An avalanche came down the mt side and knocked their suburban (no other vehicles) down over the side of a long steep ravine. 3 of the four occupants had their seat belts on. Everyone came out ok, battered and bruised but ok. The state patrol said if the one in the back would have been wearing her belt she would have been killed and the other one in the back wouldn't have been wearing his belt he would have been killed. When he showed me pictures Im surprised anyone survied. So I guess you never know. Not a gamble I want to take for me or my family. We all buckle up.

Its real easy to gripe about this law or that. If you really want things changed it can be done. Because of large government and large corporations its a huge hurdle, but not impossible.

Last edited by CG; 10-02-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #28
MyakkaJeff

Politicians DO have to abide by the laws but some get away with it. (Ted Kennedy) Again, it's a MONEY thing. GET IT?
'68 C10 lwb fleetside (17 yr old son's ongoing project)
'03 HUMMER H2 (wife's)
'06 3500 flatbed liftgate (My work truck)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #29
ChaseDale3and8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienYouth View Post
It the liberals' fault!! : p <- smiley as not to offend any liberals out there : )
LOL! It's all gotta be somebody's fault! ...Joe
Old 10-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #30
68 P.O.S.

When I first got my truck it had no seat belts. I was going to get belts anyway, but I was taking my time with it. I got hassled several times going onto base until one day I was refused entrance. I talked with legal about it and the military has a blanket seat belt policy, regardless of vehicle year. I was also told that if I were to get hurt in accident by not wearing a seat belt, the medical bill is coming outta my pocket, which I already knew.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #31
Lated

I agree that seatbelt and helmet laws are an invasion of choice. Cellphone and drunk driving laws on the other hand are not. I'd like to invoke my right to choose not to be hit by a distracted/drunk driver and give 'em a ticket if there caught doing it. I don't think the penalties for drunk driving are strict enough. IMO if you get caught driving drunk you should loose your license. I have a good friend whos brother was killed by a guy that had just gotten his license back the day before after it had been suspended for five years for multiple DUIs. He was out celebrating getting his license back and was plastered.

'70 SWB Step-Side (More rust than metal)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #32
MyakkaJeff

CD38- You're right... I think I'll take the truck out for a spin to clear my head. I might even get crazy and turn my headlights off. It's my right-RIGHT? But I,ll leave my seatbelt ON. LOL
'68 C10 lwb fleetside (17 yr old son's ongoing project)
'03 HUMMER H2 (wife's)
'06 3500 flatbed liftgate (My work truck)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #33
SactoJim

Generally I think wearing seat belts is a good idea, but I don't want someone telling me I have to wear it or I'll get a fine.........and if I am gonna get a fine for not wearing it, make the fine more reasonable. I know that kinda sounds stupid, but make it $40 instead of $80...BELIEVE me, I'll get the point!

...and if your gonna create these laws on which one of the premises is to ease the burden on the insurance companies, when will my rates go down!?........never mind...I know that answer... NEVER!

OH.....and while you (Mr. Law) are writing me that ticket for talking on my cell (not using one of those hands free sci fi thingy's that stick out of my ear and blinkS), please take a quick look at the lady that just buzzed by with her fricken dog on her lap hangin out the window!

Believe it or not, I can talk on my cell phone with it up to my ear and drive safely, but apparently some can't, so we need to ALL change our ways to accomodate the few.

The new America is MINORITY RULES.
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #34
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Laws on belts vary from state to state. I am glad you ticket got worked out.

Violation of a law is not the way to make things work, try using the system that was given us to correct things we disagree with.

Also remember board rules on political discussions.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #35
ChaseDale3and8

Well said SactoJim! I totally agree! ...Joe