The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #15
earl87gta

Re: body lifts

It wasn’t to bad I had to make a little room for the steering shaft were it came through the fender well it rubbed just a little but not bad. You will also if you have an auto trans need to make the shift rod a little longer or change to a cable shift. You will need to unclasp the steering shaft some. After I installed mine I kept breaking rag joints do to the angle of the steering shaft too the steering box. I ended up getting a flaming river u joint and doing a way with the rag joint. If you have time to go to a salvage yard you can save cash by getting the small steering shaft of an 80s van it has u joints from the factory you can then use your shaft to make the van shaft longer. Other then that just watch for your wiring and the break lines as you raise it up so nothing snags. The only other thing you may have trouble with is the fan shroud your fan may hit it after the lift so it’s a good time to go electric.
There all made out of the same stuff just diffrent brand name . there is a diffrenc in metrial in the black and red for the body it doesnt matter that much but the black is self lubing or something there was a post on the diffrence in the burb section not long ago.