The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
bucky_21_7

Header Clearence

I'm looking at buying headers for my small block i'm building. I need to know when header companyes say there made for stock ride hights wil those headers work for my truck liek ground clearence wise. My trucks a 72 c10 with aproximitly 3 inches of lowering all the way around. I can't mesure my truck's ride hight because theres no motor in it. Also my glove box door said i have heavy duty front springs and leafs in the back. The leafs are stil there but i don't know if my front coils are still the heavy duty ones because i didn't lower my truck, i bought it like that. Any way of knowing if those are the heavy duty springs. Just leting you know cause if the heavy duty coils are still there i would think they would move less cause there heavy duty compared to the reguler ones. Thanks
bucky_21_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
Spoof

Re: Header Clearence

You must buy Sandersons from Early Classic Enterprises, check em out(thanks Esll)
Works of art, fit like a dream, nice and high. 5year warranty, $390 US, or even cheaper when the Canadian dollar is higher than the US buck. Shipping was a breeze, three days with no hassles, just a small brokerage fee and GST to pay c.o.d.
You will love these headers, they fit on my 350 with an auto trans, check with ECE about a standard tranny tho, they are helpful.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
corn

Or buy Chevelle headers & then theres no need to worry.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
bucky_21_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
Or buy Chevelle headers & then theres no need to worry.
Chevelle headers will work for are trucks without running into any clearance proplems? O and also what years of chevelle and what if i have a standerd. If say i buy chevelle headers if i tell them for a standerd would the chevelle standrd parts be in some what the same area as mine will be?

Last edited by bucky_21_7; 10-06-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: dgh
bucky_21_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky_21_7 View Post
Chevelle headers will work for are trucks without running into any clearance proplems? O and also what years of chevelle and what if i have a standerd. If say i buy chevelle headers if i tell them for a standerd would the chevelle standrd parts be in some what the same area as mine will be?
I had chevelle headers on my small block (not sure what year) & I have chevelle headers on my big block right now, but I dont think they will clear a straight stick set-up...
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Spoof sounds like your wearing a smile, I told you so. Wait till the exhaust work is done on your truck the sound is awesome.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote