The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
90\87Formula

Re: bumper, Grant wheel, Holley vavle covers For Sale.

Well, the ad does say steering wheel, and not steering wheel and adapters.
But, I think if I was the seller on this one, I would go ahead and send the adapters; just to keep from loosing future sales.
Damned if you, damned if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post
Ouch, never seen one sold on here incomplete. I guess from now on we should always
ask everyone who sells something .......................... "Do I get it as seen in the pic?"
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #27
90\87Formula

So, the 3 to 5 hole adapter comes in the package with a new steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
The pieces with the white arrows are PART of the steering wheel. The part with the red arrow is the "advanced auto" part...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:29 AM   #28
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 View Post
Ouch, never seen one sold on here incomplete. I guess from now on we should always
ask everyone who sells something .......................... "Do I get it as seen in the pic?"

I guess I should feel lucky he didn't just send me the wood, huh? Maybe I should just hang it on my garage wall as a decoration, cause I sure can't mount it in my truck.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #29
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

I picked up my wheel (the same one) for $58 the same way on ebay (which was a great deal btw) went to pep boys and picked up a billet mount and horn. I have an extra horn button with scratches on it you can have for shipping cost if you want it but there only about $5 at the parts store.
Then I picked up some stainless countersunk screws at the hardware store for under $2. The wheel was installed the same day I received it and looks fantastic.

This thread has pictures of the wheel installed.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247306
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #30
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyB View Post
I picked up my wheel (the same one) for $58 the same way on ebay (which was a great deal btw) went to pep boys and picked up a billet mount and horn. I have an extra horn button with scratches on it you can have for shipping cost if you want it but there only about $5 at the parts store.
Then I picked up some stainless countersunk screws at the hardware store for under $2. The wheel was installed the same day I received it and looks fantastic.

This thread has pictures of the wheel installed.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247306
For some reason I can't see the pics in your thread. Probably because I'm on a work computer. I'll try again at home.
If your wheel is the same as this one, can you tell me what model it is? When he told me he wasn't sending me the parts I looked on Grant's website to see what I needed to buy, but I can't find this wheel. I know it's a Grant, but don't know which model. Maybe they discontinued it. I just want to be sure I get the right installation kit for this wheel.
I should have bought on ebay too. At least that way you can leave bad feedback when something like this happens.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #31
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

No one really uses it but you can either add or subtract from someones rep. on the forum. Not much good it will do here as this site isn't driven by how many green marks you have like some other sites.
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #32
90\87Formula

I was going to buy this steering wheel, but you had already gotten in line. I missed it by about 5 minutes.
Anyways, I think you are going to need to buy 2 different adapter kits, which you probably already know by now.

Here's a pic of the 3 hole to 5 adapter that you pointed out above, which I guess does come with a new wheel. This one is on ebay, auction # 270172485974. The 5 black screws are allen-head and hold the steering wheel to this adapter. The 3 steel screws hold this adapter to the horn/hub adapter.

The second adapter will be the hub/horn adapter that mates to the steering column, and you still may not get the center Grant horn button

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
For some reason I can't see the pics in your thread. Probably because I'm on a work computer. I'll try again at home.
If your wheel is the same as this one, can you tell me what model it is? When he told me he wasn't sending me the parts I looked on Grant's website to see what I needed to buy, but I can't find this wheel. I know it's a Grant, but don't know which model. Maybe they discontinued it. I just want to be sure I get the right installation kit for this wheel.
I should have bought on ebay too. At least that way you can leave bad feedback when something like this happens.
Attached Images

Last edited by 90\87Formula; 10-05-2007 at 03:17 PM.
90\87Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #33
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

I purchased A 3163 for my 72 and a 3196 for my Stepsons Monte.
I really wanted a 5163-1 (billet aluminum) for the truck but it was a special order and big bucks.
The diameter of the stamped steel "collar" was the right size on the 3163 but the lead splined hub piece was the wrong size. I tried the 3196 and the splines fit even though the collar was a little larger in diameter.
This allowed me to use the 5196-1 hub (much less expensive). The diameter at the column is a slight bit larger but will fit to the column well. I also put in the small spacer that came with the kit and it does not need it so I removed it.

Keep in mind I have a tilt column. I do not know if the splined shaft is different from the non-tilt.

The billet adapter will solve all your problems and look much nicer than a flexible rubber spacer.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #34
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

This is the one I used with the other pieces I mentioned in my post this morning (screws, horn).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5196-...spagenameZWDVW

Although you may need the 5163-1 with a non-tilt??

I think APC also makes adapters for these wheels.

Also your wheel is a Grant Mahogany Signature Series , IIRC the model is a 714 but not sure on the model.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #35
meathead95
computer illiterate

this is gettin kinda silly dont you think? josh is a stand up guy and a good asset to this board and you all are acting like hes ripping this man off. it clearly says steering wheel in the ad. if he expected josh to include the adapters he should have asked if they where included whos to say josh doesnt have another steering wheel to use and need those pieces. when you go to the store and buy a grant wheel you have to buy the extra parts seperate, so why is it any different in this situation.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #36
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead95 View Post
this is gettin kinda silly dont you think? josh is a stand up guy and a good asset to this board and you all are acting like hes ripping this man off. it clearly says steering wheel in the ad. if he expected josh to include the adapters he should have asked if they where included whos to say josh doesnt have another steering wheel to use and need those pieces. when you go to the store and buy a grant wheel you have to buy the extra parts seperate, so why is it any different in this situation.
Cause when I asked him about the other parts, he said "sorry I forgot to send them, I'll mail them to you Monday." That was a month ago, and he's since changed his mind. If you want, I'll forward all the PM's to you, and you decide.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #37
jkaylor68gmc

I said I would send the spacer black thing if you needed it. Hell you want me to send you the column also, it was in the pics. Why are you being so cheap?

All of this stuff we sell on the board whether it is me or whoever it used old stuff. Why do we have to be like this? I spend tens of thousends on new parts. I just paid 400 bucks for a steering wheel and had to spend an additional 45.00 for an adapter, 40.00 for a leather wrap and 60.00 for a horn button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( on the '51)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 7-inch lift on 35 Daily driver
2016 Chevy Tahoe Better halves ride
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #38
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

I'm going to have to step in here and stop this Spacer issue on the forum.
I tried to be constructive with my post to end it but that didn't work.
Handle it through PMs and if and only you two CAN NOT solve it among yourselves then contact an admin.

Thank you,

Denny
Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #39
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

thanks Denny, it ends here.