The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
chevyjeff59401

electrical gremlin

I bought a 76 dually sometime back. I t has been sitting since 2003. I just put a motor in it and got her all ready to go. My predrive routine is to cjeck all lights. One brake light out after considerable attempts to repair and investigating this is what i come up with. If i just jump in it and press brakes no left light. If I turn key on sometimes light. If I turn key on and right blinker most of time left brake light. If I turn key on and taillights on most always brake light. If I fiddle around with a combo of all the above I can always get it to work til it sits for a while. What gives? Should I change column blinker controls. The truck has considerable amount of dust and grime in cab. Thanks for any and all help. Jeff
chevyjeff59401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
87rado

Re: electrical gremlin

It sounds like it might be a ground or bulb connection thing. You might try cleaning the terminals and the bulb ends. You may be getting a little lower voltage or amps to it when things are turned off. Check the wire right behind the bulb connector. If it is a weak connection, it can happen too.
87rado is offline   Reply With Quote