The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #76
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

Re: look what I found hiding behind the shed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshadow View Post
I can't hardly believe some of the posts on here. Your telling me that you wouldn't buy a truck and sell for profit. How many people do i see on here parting out trucks for profit? I don't here any of you complaining when you buy a part you need.
IF YOU can get a good deal and make some money go for it...It almost sounds like some posts are made because they want to buy the truck cheap and don't want you to get it because they didn't find the deal....buy sell and use the money for your project that your working on.
NO I DO NOT and never have. and sharing parts in the club is diiferent then being an investor -if you can't understand my whole reply then don't jump to conclusions about me.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #77
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Guys lets don't get an argument going over an old post.

If he wants to buy it and sell it for a profit then so be it. That's his business, and his right to do it with out be criticized.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #78
xshadow

jgrh64
My comments weren't directed towards you, I didn't have anyone in mind that I was addresing.
It just seems people are being alittle harsh on the guy for trying to make a buck. Besides if he doesn't do it how long do you think the truck will sit there and rot...he is still saving the truck....I have seen in the parts section people selling parts from trucks that should or could be saved. Never have I seen people saying hey i'll buy it but you shouldh't part that truck out.

Last edited by xshadow; 10-14-2007 at 07:04 PM.
xshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #79
magsnubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Mike View Post
Hypocrites(sp) the lot of you. How many times has someone sold you something for far less than what its worth? You took it...
Very good point.

Let's say you find screaming deal on a vehicle you don't really want but the deal is just waaaay to good to pass up. You make a stop on your way home with the car. You're approached by someone that wants that car. You just paid $750 for the car. The guy offers you $2,000. Are you going to take the two K or are you going to say "Gee, Mister. I only paid $750 for this car. I'll sell it to you for what i just gave for it."

So he flips it. He just might be saving it from a long slow rusty death. And he's just helped put a not so common (i hate the word "rare") back on the road and made a couple of bucks.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #80
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Guys lets don't get an argument going over an old post.

If he wants to buy it and sell it for a profit then so be it. That's his business, and his right to do it with out be criticized.
What Ken is trying to say nicely is CAN the arguing before you get this thread locked.
If you want to start your own thread on buying/selling with a poll or whatever, feel free, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 10-14-2007 at 08:05 PM.
krue is offline   Reply With Quote