The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #12
joehalford01

Re: Need help asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg63 View Post
Maybe you are looking at the four bolts that secure the gas tank mount to the floor ?
The two floor mounted tank mounts are bolted to the floor by four bolts and the backside of the mounts are spotwelded to the back wall of the cab . The gas tank straps go over the tank and bolt down with two long bolts that thread into the floor mount .
I removed my cab mounted tank when I put the poly tank under the bed . I went to remove the floor mounts so I could make up a utility/speaker box where the tank used to be in the cab , and found out that the gas tank mount was bolted and welded down on my '63 .
Make sense ?
Greg
that could be it, it wouldn't budge though until i undid those bolts, of course, if the mounts were moving around it would probably have been easier to move and it was full of gas and it was nighttime, and i have not been out there since as i had to close up my project for the night and do some other stuff....

i'll look at it the next time i'm out there
joehalford01 is offline   Reply With Quote