The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
57sailplane

lwb bed sides

hy guys,

just got a call from home. wife said boys truck got hit in high school parking lot. it got hit in the driver side rear. dented the rear box side pretty good. wife got 2 estimates she said the one guys was going to use new body parts. i know i saw that a vender was going to start making them on here. does any one know if they are and if so has anyone installed one yet.. i think it could be done with just the outer sheet metal not the hole side but would rather do it right. as far as used i would probably rather go that rought as they will probably fit better. only thing is it has the steel floor. i dont no i am all mixed up about this. it just sucks. the bed was perfect not a dent or hardly a ding in it.. anyways let me know about the new bed side please. thanks andrew oh ya if you want to see how good of shape it was in just look at my personal profile

Last edited by 57sailplane; 10-28-2007 at 06:57 PM.
57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
57sailplane

Re: lwb bed sides

anybody?
57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane View Post
anybody?
Andy,

Noone is making LWB bedsides yet although there has been lots of talk about it. Simply put, our LWB trucks aren't as desirable as the shorties. To the point where many people are going out and cutting up pristine LWB bedsides and cutting frames on the LWB trucks to make into shorties.

This makes me sick because noone seems to realize that sooner or later with all the cutting and welding, the LWB trucks are going to be the hard ones to find!

Now then, what I suggest you do is look at Craigslist, Ebay, Auto/Truck/Classic Trader (the paper version, the online version is worthless for what you need it for) and local classified ads for the nearest major metropolitan area to you. You will most likely find lots of trucks and or parts to suit your needs.

If not, I'm sure many people will be willing to at the very least help you look.

Exactly how bad is the damage? Do you have pictures?
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
hyarbour

If you call Brothers, they had them advertized as "coming soon" in one of their sales fliers. Maybe they can give you and time frame.
hyarbour is offline   Reply With Quote