The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
dfosh

70 c/10 info needed

HI everone i need some info for a rebuild . I have read the f.a.q and did not find what i was looking for .maby someone can help 1. the p.o changed the c/10 to disc brakes using 72 upper and lower control arms and spindles .he left everything else from the 70 moddel [2] he changed the center section and axels from the 72 into the housing on the 70 to get the five lug wheel in the rear .Is this ok or do i need to do somthing else ? he also left the 70 master cilender
as it came on the 70. also has anyone used the repo doors and did they work out ok. if the brake set up is ok can i just use the drop spindles ? thanks
dfosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
wugunguy
70 C/10-Work in progress

Re: 70 c/10 info needed

welcome to the board, first off, the disc swap was done fine-I did this too. Just make sure when you get drop spindles that you get them for the 72 balljoints (some conversion kits used upgraded balljoints)

Sounds like the rearend is fine too, but someone else will chime in with more info.

sorry, no help about the repop doors-I'm not to that point yet but there are a bunch of people that should be able to help you out.
1970 Chevy C/10-Current project
wugunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

the 70 MC is not good. it is for drum/drum, and does not have the volume etc needed for the calipers. Should also have the disk/drum proportioning valve, if he used the one from the '70, it is a dist. block, not a prop. valve and won't work right.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
dfosh

Thanks for the info .The brakes do have a soft feel and i thought that could be the problem . I have done a camaro with disc but i got the whole kit. frist truck and i wasnt sure about what the p.o had done .got to have stearing and brakes. has anyone repaired rust in the wiper area around were the wire ing harness lays? again thanks
dfosh is offline   Reply With Quote