The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
derrickc

What a day....

I ordered a new HEI distributor off E-bay, after tracking through USPS and Canada Post, it arrived here yesterday. I go to the post office and they said it was non - deliverable and returned to semder, I was like What the................. When Pay-pal approved the sale they sent my address with out the house number on it, I phoned the seller and he said it just said the street name, I go to my paypal account and everything is there...so the seller is trying to fix it, he thinks paypal should be responsible for this, someone gotta be cause Im not forking out another 50 bucks. And to make it ever better the guy said he don't know where it will end up, any orders under 100 bucks, shipped out side the US are not worth the hassle cause I already paid, I laughed as so did he, he said thats how it goes, anyway its not the sellers fault, but make sure everything is correct, so so bitc** and long
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: What a day....

this is going to be one of them things where no matter who you try to take to task on it they will try to pass the buck. and it will be too much to sue em all so chances are you will wind up getting nothing... yet another reason not to buy internationally on Evil bay, and another shining example why i refuse to use pay pal

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 11-03-2007 at 07:29 PM.
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Man that is a true bummer.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
derrickc

Angry Re: What a day....

I should have ordered it over the phone like I did when I bought from LMC truck, were phones not the old way of doing things/
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i dunno i much prefer to go to either a store or a junkyard or someones house and SEE what i buy and pay cash and get a handshake and i know the part is good and if it is wrong i bring it back and get another or my money back... i guess thats a bygone era tho

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
derrickc

The only scrapyards we have here have no old vechiles at all, I mean none, and if they do they remove the parts, when I was in Calgary Alberta, they had lots of old vechiles and you removed the parts yourself, and if it broke while removing it that was okay by them, but I was always careful, If Didnt need it, someone else will
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
derrickc

Thumbs up Re: What a day...., and a big woo hoo to GR8HOTRODS

Great news about my problem....., my distributor has been returned to sender, due to know numerical street number, its on my pay pal account but never got forwarded to the seller, well after a week tracking from the US to Canada and back to the US, its not getting returned to the sender, for some reason if the item is less then 100 dollars, its not worth the hassle for the seller to pay shipping again, so the seller GR8HOTRODS are going to ship a new one right away at no charge to me, apparently not alot of vendors would do this, I am very thankful to them for this, my first time buying anything online and it gets messed up, they are going to try and recover there lost money from paypal, as it was there mistake, but doughts they will get it back.

GR8HOTRODS seems like a good place to shop