The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #26
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Re: Classic Trucks Magazine

One thing I found out about the calender.... I forget to turn every month and never look but once or twice. So I quit buyin' em, get 'em free at Napa or my other parts store. Some of the replys on Classic and Custom Classic seems harsh. Just because they don't have a 67-72. in every issue don't make 'em a bad mag. Heck I'll read a Ford or Dodge story.I could care less about bags, newer motors and trannys, 5k paint etc. ect. But if every mag was the same there wouldn't be no use to print 'em. If you don't like the story don't read it.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #27
72Levi

I emailed Rob Fortier of Classic Trucks and he wrote me back I wrote...

There are two reasons I will not be renewing my subscription next year. There is no calendar in my subscription of Classic Trucks Jan 2008, however, I do see them at the newstand. I have been a loyal customer, NO MORE. There are less and less original pics of classic 67-72 Chevy trucks much less any other true classic trucks. I am tired of seeing the "lowered", "slammed", "air bags", "c-notch" etc... truck fad which I hope will pass soon. Atleast with more trucks cut up everyday, my personal trucks will be even rarer.

Regards,

He wrote...

Sorry to hear about your displeasure with the magazine. While I may not necessarily agree with the policy, the calendar issues have been a “newsstand-only” feature since I can recall. And for what it’s worth, despite the fact that we do run “restoration” type tech articles on occasion, Classic Trucks has never been a “restoration” type magazine, so the lack of stock ’67-72 Chevys will always be evident.

Hopefully, you might stick around for a bit longer…

Rob Fortier

Editor, Classic Trucks Magazine
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #28
pissonNOS

gonna have to agree with what rob is saying, are they many magazines out there at all that cater to mostly stock vehicles?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #29
krue
Designated A-hole!

Nope, I let my classic trucks and custom classic trucks scrips expire, I get to read more info and see better looking trucks right here.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #30
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I don't have so much trouble with the lack of perks for the subscribers though I think it sucks,but I really hate that every article is an ad.If they show a lowering article,it's about xyz's newest greatest over the top show truck kit that only sets you back about three times what you paid for a decent truck to begin with.They also don't show real tech for beginners like how to seperate ball joints or tie rod ends.They tell you what they did but they also have so many tool sponsors that doing it real world style would never occur to them.No price listing on what they did also lets you know they did most mods on the we'll scratch you back you scratch ours system.Very few of us can do that with more than good used stuff the BB members sell/trade and give to one another.I don't remember anyone on here giving away or even selling cheap a set of slotted crossdrilled rotors.But I like sci-fi so I will probably keep reading anyway.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #31
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I used to subscribe to 15 or 20 mags. Now, I only get Rodder's Journal.

A good example of Primedia's policy is that I was a longtime subscriber. When my sub came up for renewal, they tried to charge me 14 bucks to renew. The magazine was full of 9 dollar subscription cards for new subscribers only. I figure if year after year of loyalty didn't entitle me to the discount rate of a new subscriber, they didn't want my business.

Besides, I build stuff my way, not buy kits from subscribers. The internet suits me better in that regard.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:36 PM   #32
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvelDesigns View Post
i'm heading to wal mart tonight and will see if they have them there. if so, i'll grab two and send you one.
Thanks, let me know.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #33
Texasdeere

I subscribe to Vintage Truck. I like it but not too many Chevys either. But alot of cool old mostly original trucks.

With all the custom trucks in Classic Trucks mag I am not sure what the point is with Custom Classic Trucks mag then?

I know I am probably stating the obvious here, but...

Classic Trucks: Should be just what it says. Stock, mostly original, restored or mildly modified trucks, which it does have sometimes.

Custom Classic Trucks: Do I have to say what goes here?

I will probably keep my subscription with Classic Truck going if I don't get too many more issues like this last one.

Sorry for the rant

Does anyone get both mags? I am curious what the differences are?

I guess I am getting too old for the custom scene.

Last edited by Texasdeere; 11-21-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Texasdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #34
Texasdeere

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Nope, I let my classic trucks and custom classic trucks scrips expire, I get to read more info and see better looking trucks right here.
I agree!
Texasdeere is offline   Reply With Quote