The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
Blazn C5

72 GMC pricing info

I've been thinking of letting go of my 72 to help finance my 70 2wd blazer project that I just purchased from another member. The truck is not currently for sale, but I figured with so many knowledgeable people around here I will get some realistic pricing info. The truck is almost finished. So here it goes: 1972 GMC SB - MOTOR: 406 sbc / 62 corvette fuelly heads / lots billet acc / TRANS: th350 REAREND : stock 3:08 / EXH : 2 1/2" with magnaflow mufflers / SUSP : 5/7 drop - 3" belltech spindles, 2" coils, 7" de-arched leafs, rblt front end, 2 pc driveshaft, c-notch, 4 wheel disc brakes / 18" wheels front and rear / BODY : 67 front clip, shaved rear markers, stake pockets, fuel filler, filled seam at top rear of cab, as much of firewall as poss, hagan fuel filler door in bed floor for powdercoated no limit fuel tank under bed, and I filled as many factory spot welds that I could find in bed area, cab, etc., - all sheetmetal was sandblasted in pieces prior to body work and DP40'd / ext color - forest green / INT : color - penine grey / tea's bench seat color matched to int color / no limit billet dash with auto meter phantom gauges / tilt wheel / one piece power windows - currently being installed / dynamat thru-out cab and inside doors. Eveything is pretty much new on this truck, the underside is also very clean and detailed. To complete this truck it will need the interior finished - I have the matching tweed material from tea's for door panels etc., needs a/c - compressor on motor, have new factory a/c controls, and cab vents cut for factory look. I'm sure there's lots more I'm forgetting. This has been about a 10 year on and off again project with myself doing as much of the resto as possible. I don't think spending the extra money to finish the truck will gain me any more $'s in the end being that I'm already into it $22k + . And honestly I don't have the desire to finish it. Besides, it's much easier to take the family out cruisin or to the local car show in a blazer than crammed into the truck. Oh yea, I almost forgot, THIS TRUCK HAS BEEN DRIVEN LESS THAN 100 MILES. I'm hoping that the 15k-18k range might be reasonable? I'm also thinking that someone could finish it for around 3k and have a nice truck for well below what it would cost to build at a shop at todays prices. So let me know if I'm crazy, dreamin, or on the right track. Any input or opinions is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Anthony
Attached Images

Blazn C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
Blazn C5

Re: 72 GMC pricing info

here is some motor pics
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
Blazn C5

here is some interior pics
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I think you`re about right and it`s definately a nice truck with the right stuff.But,might not move that fast,like anything in that range.I would get the interior together for that price and to help it move and attract double the interest.
Man,is that an East Coast Blazer from Jason in MD???Sure looks like it.Nice!!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote