The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

Radio buttons

I got an AM radio like this one at a junk yard to put in my 70 C-10. When I push the preset buttons one doesn’t do anything and the others move the needle in the opposite direction of the buttons pushed. Does any one know how to correct this problem?

Also I got this radio because of a write up I saw on how to convert the original stereo to have RCA jacks to use it as a volume control. I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Can some one send me a link or info saved on this mod?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Luvlegs

Re: Radio buttons

I had these when I was younger and asked a similiar question because I could not remember how we did it back then - the first response asked how old I was so you may get one of those. Pull OUT on a the first button, dial it in, then push back in - that's how to set the presets.

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Something that seems so obviouse to some, is a total mystery for others!
legs has it right. Tune the radio to the station you want it to (with the knob on the right) and then pull out the preset button, then depress it all the way and your preset is now set. You may need to fine tune the setting every time you hit the preset too.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

You guys are the best! This is my first push button radio... I am 25 years old, I guess I missed that area.

The previous owner decided to cut for a new style radio (with a chain saw) and cut way too much and way to sloppy. I cleaned it up the best I could and have been hiding it for years with a black plate. I thought if I was going to spend the time to fix it I might as well go all the way back to original. So after years of hunting I found a donor dash at the junk yard with the radio in it for $20.

Does anyone remember the thread where the guy rewired his original radio to have RCA plugs? I just saw it the other day. If you know where it is please let me know. I still want to run a modern style stereo system.

Thanks Again.
Attached Images

Last edited by lts70; 12-08-2007 at 05:39 PM.
lts70 is offline   Reply With Quote