The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Brock
upgrading to an older model

new to these models

Dad called this afternoon, knowing I want a stepside for my 68. He said he saw an old Chevy truck from the road back in a guys yard, would I want to go check it out. I said yeah and headed over there. We turned in the drive and I noticed this thing was WAY older than what I wanted. We knocked on the door and a young lady led us to the back where a man was tending horses, he jumped in his new DODGE and came our way. Dad and I started checking out the old truck. The guy said he finally pried it away from his brother whom had it in a barn for the last 18 years. He explained it was an ALL ORIGINAL 1959 Apache, it had some rust issues (around the headlights and cabcorners). I asked if it ran, he said like a sewing-machine, he jumped in, turned it over, got a little excited to show it off and flooded it, a couple of minutes later it fired right up. He said all he did was put gas in it and change the oil and put on new tires. Everything worked down to the wipers. Needless to say he also explained that the truck was not for sale. He said he was told that the truck had to have been special order since it had 2 rockets on the hood instead of one in the center...Is this true? Anyway Dad and I left...if nothing else we saw a cool old truck.

Oh yea...it had 4704 original miles on it!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Igotachevyor2
Apache Club

Re: new to these models

cool story
Igotachevyor2 is offline   Reply With Quote