The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 AM   #1
nvrsatisfied

Talking This is my best christmas.....ever!!!!!!!

i've been lurking for awhile and what can i say this is the best ever.....please bear with me, i will try to make it short...........back in 97' i purchased my first truck it was a 71' chevy that was in great shape...did minor tinkering, body work, paint and loved the truck to death . Went to redo the truck in 99', had the truck stripped down to bare frame and who would know the company i worked for had some lay offs in mind, lost my job with no money....the truck sat in pieces for about a year, a friend of mine wanted it soooo..sad to say needed money and away she went. my mom wanted to shoot me for selling the truck. My friend ened up selling it. the new owner i don't know had it for about 3months. He then sold it to another guy i know (Derrick). Derrick is into 4x4's, so he then fit the truck to a build he had been doing. Derrick then sold the truck!!!! Then outta the blue i got a call.."HEY DO YOU WANT THAT OLD TRUCK OF YOURS". i damn near fainted, i figured it was burned or rolled. Without even seeing it, i did a trade with my old bike and $400. It's been almost 10yrs since i have seen the truck, i just heard ghost stories of it ever since. I finally got to go see her 2 days ago and the old truck is in great shape still minor scratches and and a little wear but its back at my home to stay. My main concern was the body and its great!!!!! My mom loves me again Also i have been working for a more reliable company and i'm a little bit more wiser on project planning. The future plans for it are to build a great rolling chassis first (LS1?? 22''), take the body off the 4x4 and put it closer to the ground....THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER

I LOVE THIS SITE AND THANKS FOR ALL THE INSPERATION!!!!!!

first pic is when i did the work first time....and her new look for now 4x4
Attached Images

nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Re: This is my best christmas.....ever!!!!!!!

Welcome from Indiana, Great Story about Getting the Truck Back.............

Keep us Updated as you go Along, I also Think Santa was Good to You, That's what You Get For Being Good..............

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
toomanytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
nvrsatisfied

it's kind of scary...something went right this year .....i will keep up on the progress as time goes by...probably do some teasers and then a big build thread start to finish when she is complete. i have a very big crush on the build up Rokcrln did with his 71SWB....very nice
Old 12-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #4
NEVERENOUGH

Man what a cool story. I would love to have a chance to get some of my old projects back. Keep us updated and start a build thread would be cool to see what you do.
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
70cst

on getting your back. I am sure the music of getting your back made you want to dance and get back into your truck and take it for a spin. Sometimes we make decisions that we don't want to make but there are many times when these choices work out for the best. It was a good deal to trade your and some $$$ to get your back. Life is indeed good!!!
Merry Christmas nvrsatisfied PS...Nice truck!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 12-19-2007 at 07:29 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
griesel72

Welcome to the board, great story
do you have everything you need to swap it over to a 4X4? I have a 2 wheel drive leaf spring frame with newer tires and wheels that i went the other direction with and would be open to a trade of your frame for mine, if you need it

good luck
David
2006 King Ranch
1980 Wife
griesel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #7
nvrsatisfied

wow guys i can't beleive the help and support....I have started looking but not solid yet wanting to make sure things can fall in place when ready. I would like to find a 71', 72' long bed, so i can pull the body off (don't care about its body) and put it on the 4x4 frame, take my good body and put it on the "newer" frame setup....the 4x4 setup is in great shape needs mild tinkering but its fun to go play in. I also have a 85' blazer half hard top that is the wifes future toy. so "her" blazer will get my 38'' tires and i can put my big tires on the truck.....52'' mich. XZL's .....sorry if i loose you i got alot of toys
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

Welcome to the board from NC. That is a very cool story,i do not think i was as good as you this year,so i will probably get socks again! Good luck with your build,and keep us informed.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
G35MIKE

good story! i'd keep it 4x4 and throw some 22's on that piece!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
nvrsatisfied

ya i'm gonna keep the 4x4 setup just change bodies, more than likely "in the future" will deffiently be my two front rockwells (front and rear stearing) and the 52's....but baby steps first i don't wanna repeat