The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
soba_03

I need a little help....HYD Clutch

It seems that Chevrolet never imagined that there would ever be power brakes on a 1961 Chevrolet Suburban.

Anyone out there have a hyd clutch & power brakes on their truck or Burb?
I'm looking for answers to the problem of both wanting to live on the same firewall location. I know that CPP sells a kit with wilwood Clutch master cylinder on it... I'm looking for alternatives to that... I have already bought the mastercylinder and brake booster. I'm hopeing not to have to sell it and i'm trying to use them... Any information would be great... Pic's would be outstanding....

Thanks.....
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
thekid54

Re: I need a little help....HYD Clutch

I had the same dilemma on my '62. I just bit the bullet and got the setup from CPP. You can buy the Wilwood m/c that they use from Summit for $40-50. Here's a pic of another option. Not my truck, so I don't know what the little m/c is from.

thekid54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
55dude

years ago i was helping a friend that had a 60' that had been upgrade to later pdb. and wanted to keep the 4 speed. if i remember right we used a jeep clutch cylinder and it worked.tring to remember if we made a adaptor to bolt it to firewall or not. truck seemed to fuction fine.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
soba_03

I know it's a pain. I wish I would have known or shoudl I say paid more attention to the hyd clutch before I bought parts. I bought the truck and started buying parts before the truck arived.. So i'm kinda stuck and hate to sell the new parts for half what I paid for them....

Ok call the guy you helped on the phone and find out what you used....JK

Thanks for the info....
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Anti Venom

Maybe not much help, but my 61 GMC 3/4 ton has 4 speed and factory (maybe dealer installed) power brakes. The booster is after the master cylinder. This probably wont help you if you are converting to disc brakes though. The unit says bendix on it, it is similar to what was used on 55-57 chevy cars with manual trans and power brakes.
Anti Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
slepysal

I got my clutch master from MP Brakes.They sold me the clutch master, bracket,push rod and instructions.
I have a 6cyl in my 60 and I dont have the room for a booster.
I also got a m/cyl adapter, an addjustable brake push rod. The kit looks easy to install, I just have had no time.

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote