The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Thumbs up Stainless steel brake lines

Morning all: This is just an informational notice about stainless steel brake lines and where to get them. After much research I found these folks in Buffallo NY. Thier stainless steel brake lines I highly recomended. EVERYTHING on these kits are stainless steel, the lines, the nuts and the spring wraping. They are an EXACT copy of the factory made lines!! The only thing that doesen't come with the kit are the connector fittings to connect the front lines to the rear ones. I used the factory brass one. Most of the lines went in like they had eyes. Getting the line in for the right front caliper was a little tricky even with the nose off the truck, but it does go in and getting the rear brake feed line past the right motor mount was difficult but well worth the effort. At the factory, the brake lines and fuel feed\return lines are in BEFORE the cross member is installed. This is the only trouble spot I encountered. I would imagine trying to install the lines with the front end intact is going to be a real chore. Thier web site is WWW.classictube.com. Thier phone numbers are 800-882-3711 or 716-759-1800 & fax # is716-759-1014. If you call them try and talk to Tim Slattery.
My truck is an 84 k20 and the kit number is CT1087 SS and fits 82 thru 87 with a load sensor and a 1" offset load sensor bracket. ( this "offset" threw me a bit. They have a 5" one also. The way to tell the offset is look and see where the brake hose end mounts to the axel assembly, Tim will explain better than I can how to tell them appart, mine is a 1") this fits Chevy or GMC. Base price is $209.00. Shipping is extra. They bend the lines to fit them in the shipping box in a gentle arc BUT, they mark the bend with a label that says "shipping bend". I didn't like that but I can understand why they do it. I give this company and thier product a thumbs up!!
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
slugish
Slugish

Re: Stainless steel brake lines

thanks for the helpful info James.
slugish is offline   Reply With Quote