The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
C10 Club Tennessee

Pics of install of 2600 Bags?

Anybody got pics of the install of the 2600 bags??? I just got mine today and was looking for some pics. MrShelley's FAQ is good but it's the Slams and I was just wanting to see my application installed.

Also will I need a C-Notch?? I don't want to lay it on the ground the front will be 2.5 MacG Spindles and a 2 inch coil.

thanks

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Pics of install of 2600 Bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
Anybody got pics of the install of the 2600 bags??? I just got mine today and was looking for some pics. MrShelley's FAQ is good but it's the Slams and I was just wanting to see my application installed.

Also will I need a C-Notch?? I don't want to lay it on the ground the front will be 2.5 MacG Spindles and a 2 inch coil.

thanks
The bags install the same. I unbolted some Stones & swapped Slams in the same place w/o any issue or extra work.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #3
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:

thanks
What Scot said, and the c-notch will depend on your intended ride height. A little rake may keep you from needing it. If you want it to sit level, you might hit the frame. You could also remedy this by using a lowering block, allowing you to have more air in the bag at the same height.

Basically, you're just gonna have to play with it to see if the notch is necessary, but you will be close at that height.

-Chris

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
C10 Club Tennessee

The bags have the two threaded studs coming out of the top unlike the pics in MrShelley's thread. That's where my confusion lies. Also don't forget I don't have it back from the body shop so I'm going off memory.

My silver truck has a 4.5/6 drop and I don't have a c-notch on it. I like that ride height so as long as it's the same I guess it will be okay. If you think I should go with a one inch lowering block then maybe I should do that as a precaution.

www.gmtruckshow.com

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

The Slams I used have two threaded holes in the top for bolts, instead of the studs like the Firestones. They're still in the same place though. Do remember that unlike the Slams, Firestones expand a little when you air them up so you'll need a little more clearance than with the Slams.

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #6
Alvin
Never Done?

Posts 43 & 44 on this page of my build thread cover the install of Firestone 2600s on the back. My truck is completely bagged, but I also wanted really big tires on the back, so I went with both the c-notch and the lowering blocks so my ride height wouldn't look ridiculous.

I'll try to help if you have any other questions about the install.

Ethel has been sold.

Last edited by Alvin; 12-28-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
C10 Club Tennessee

thanks Adam, still confused though. It will be better when I get it back from the body shop in a couple of weeks.

I'm running 20's all the way around so not sure what problems that will entail. If I have to go with a C-Notch I'll be selling these bags and going back to springs.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

No springs, springs are BAD

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
SCOTI

Quote:
thanks Adam, still confused though. It will be better when I get it back from the body shop in a couple of weeks.

I'm running 20's all the way around so not sure what problems that will entail. If I have to go with a C-Notch I'll be selling these bags and going back to springs.
The bolt spacing is the same when comparing Slams vs. Stones as long as the diameters are similar (3150# stone = p/n F6873 = 7" Slam). The difference is as mentioned, the Slams have threaded inserts for bolts; the Stones have studs. I like using bolts better because you can vary the bolt length if required. If the studs on the Stones aren't long enough, it takes some creativity to securely mount them.

Running 20's won't alter things as long as tire sizes remain similar to original sizing (27~29" OD).

2.5 spindles + 2" coils = 4.5~5" drop. Bags as a direct swap should get you between 5~6" of drop which is right on the limit of 'needing' a c-notch. If you're right on the edge of needing to c-notch, bags would definitely help because they could/would add more clearance w/inceased air psi. vs. a fixed height coil.

Also.... if you need a little more drop, add some lowering blocks (which I highly recommend because they help increase the amount of shock travel).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 12-28-2007 at 12:35 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
C10 Club Tennessee

I was talking to Tim Christian earlier and he told me that he didn't think I'd need a C-Notch if all I was after was the same stance my truck has.

Scoti, Do you think I should just go with a 1 inch lowering block to be safe?? Can't hurt right?

www.gmtruckshow.com