The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #26
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Re: WOW...NOS gate sold for $658.50-Truck Tach Vac Speed Warning Cluster sold for $67

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten View Post
There was a NOS gate on here on the board for sale about this time last year for 4 bills. It stayed on here for a couple months without a buyer. I contacted the seller and worked out a deal where they delivered it to within 25 miles of my home at no extra charge. I didn't even need it! I just thought it was to good of a deal to pass up. Good deals are still out there, I think you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

When you said 4 bills I thought you meant $4,000 dollars. See, things have changed .... 10 yrs ago that thought would have never entered ones mind.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 12-25-2007 at 10:16 PM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:08 AM   #27
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: WOW...NOS gate sold for $658.50-Truck Tach Vac Speed Warning Cluster sold for $67

That's pretty good! For $4000 it would of had to of had a truck attached to it!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:19 AM   #28
70cst

I guess if one analyzes the cost...if I was building a high $$$$$$ truck...$700 for a NOS gate would be a drop in the bucket when compared to the whole truck. Although there are still very nice used gates for less that if done correctly one would not be able to tell it from a NOS gate. As for as the Truck Tach Vac Speed Warning Cluster... The Speed warning was used only on our early trucks (67-69?) and the Vac was used I thought on 1 ton trucks. I might be wrong. So if one was building a incorrect factory optioned truck...then this might be a nice option to install. Either case for me it's a lot of $$$. Again it comes down to supply and demand and who's got the $$$ to spend.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 12-26-2007 at 04:21 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 AM   #29
barraza

ok, I'll admit I am one of those people that paid a heck of a lot for a NOS tailgate, I wont say how much because my wife may look over my shoulder

We may as well get used to it, these trucks are very old and the supply of good used parts is drying up, and in general aftermarket body parts stink. I have the same issue with my old Camaros, no one has stepped up and made GOOD quality repro parts. I for one would be willing to pay extra for accurately stamped, original gage steel, made in the USA sheetmetal - but it doesnt exist.
barraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #30
onetonk5
Cereal Killer

I bought the 500 dollar buy it now NOS tailgate on ebay.....had to twist it a little end to end to get it to fit bt well worth the money and time spent picking it up.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #31
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by barraza View Post
ok, I'll admit I am one of those people that paid a heck of a lot for a NOS tailgate, I wont say how much because my wife may look over my shoulder

We may as well get used to it, these trucks are very old and the supply of good used parts is drying up, and in general aftermarket body parts stink. I have the same issue with my old Camaros, no one has stepped up and made GOOD quality repro parts. I for one would be willing to pay extra for accurately stamped, original gage steel, made in the USA sheetmetal - but it doesnt exist.
You make a valid point. If we compare our part prices to the prices of muscles cars we are better off. Also if one buys repo's and the quality is lacking then NOS is a better value. I guess nothing stays the same price and as time moves forward. This hobby is like all hobbies...one can spend lots of $$$ or keep it low budget.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #32
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

You make a valid point. If we compare our part prices to the prices of muscles cars we are better off. Also if one buys repo's and the quality is lacking then NOS is a better value. I guess nothing stays the same price and as time moves forward. This hobby is like all hobbies...one can spend lots of $$$ or keep it low budget.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like the voice of doom here but everbody has their own idea of what they think low budget is. From my observations allot of people feel anything less then $30,000 bucks is low budget. Some people think $10,000 to $15,000 is going all out, I say good luck to the latter group. My point is in the last 8 years prices have been steadily rising which means the low budget rides will increase as well in over all cost. It takes $25,000 dollars, a shop to call your own, allot of know how and a hands on approach to build a neat, cool, low budget ride. Some would say that it cannot be done , I say it can! I've built two trucks in the last 8 years and I feel I have a pretty good pulse on parts, paint and body shop prices. A low budget ride should never come across as low budget .... people should think you have $35,000 into it at least from (the mods.) and what has been done.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 12-27-2007 at 09:39 AM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #33
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Some repops are not the best but still better than rust. As far as thickness compare a 67-72 fender to a 67-69 Camaro repop, bet there the same or close. Now a question is a repop resto worth as much as OEM part. How many builds with repops sell for as much as OEM? Most don't know or care if they got the cash or credit to pay over 20K as long as its straight they don't care if its repop or OEM.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #34
Robert Paul Thomas
1967 C-10 SWB LS-6 T-56

I live in the great white north, and I have to admit, I bid 670.00 on the speedwarning dash,.....and lost! Up in Canada , it is hard to find good parts. I bought another speedwarning dash from a member for 700.00. I probably have about 40,000 in the truck, over 200 individual NOS parts. I love the style of thses trucks, learned to drive on a 69,....looking forward to spring, and hopefully finishing this! Thanks alot to the members of this board!!! Rob
Robert Paul Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #35
70cst

I guess it has been a while since I have really looked at part prices. It has just been recently that I have started to seriously price out parts. I also think I have been spoiled because recently I was able to purchase a mint and I do mean mint 71 lwb bed w/gate that was taken off in 1972. As most know I paid $1500 and thought that was high $$$. Now with all things considered that was a good deal. So with all the feedback I have adjusted my thinking. Supply and demand, and the more rarer parts will bring a higher $$$. Whether a truck is a high $$$ truck or a low $$$ truck....they all rock. Again this board pays off in 67-72 Chevy-GMC 101.

Last edited by 70cst; 12-28-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #36
AuggieStyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayorangekrate View Post
is 63crager a board member i purchased some items from him and then he posted a floor shift tilt, that i bid on then he removed it from the auction when he sold the entire truck.
AuggieStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #37
70' GMC
HERE.......Somewhere

So since they don't make the originals anymore. Is there any way to fix/restore the original???

Classics make it possible!
70' GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #38
corn

Blazers have the same tailgates?
corn is offline   Reply With Quote