The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
road_rebel

Question 1970 C10 help

I have a 1970 C10 2wd longbed stepside with a 292 straight 6. I had to remove the exhaust manifold due to bad cracking. Found new part from LMC truck but is on backorder. Anyone have info where to get this part? Also looking for a bed wood kit for decent price. Also this truck has coil spring rear with coilover shocks and single leaf helper springs. Are the helpers stock? Can't find much out about these springs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a happy New Year!!!
road_rebel
road_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: 1970 C10 help

Welcome to the board!
Have you tried the junk yards for your manifold? They were installed in trucks up into the 80's, you live in a dry climate where old trucks are always being junked... you might get lucky.
Or, you can try getting the manifold welded.
or you could buy a header.
Wood bed for a decent price... you'll have to define decent. Personally, I have never seen one at a decent price, they are all way outta whack in my opinion, which, is why my longhorn has a plywood floor.
Your coil overs are not stock, but the helper springs probably are. They were factory offerings, and also dealer add ons too. Are they listed on the SPID? (option sheet in the glovebox)
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
road_rebel

Re: 1970 C10 help

Couldn't guess on the SPID. Glove box is long gone. The existing manifold broke around one of the studs for the pipe and is pretty much a lost cause. I have done some feeling with the local junk yards, but I have also been told that these manifolds were notorious for cracking, so I am afraid of being right back in the same spot a year or 2 down the line. I have found plenty of headers for this engine and my dad told me I have never heard a sweeter sound than a Chevy 292 with headers. The only problem I have with headers is that since this has the integrated head, the header mounts need to match flush with the mounts on a new intake. I did find one setup from clifford performance which is headers and intake that all mount up flush, but it is in the $1,000 range. Kinda more than I want to spend right now. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you for the reply!

road_rebel
road_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote