The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 AM   #51
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Building your own control arms

Quote:
First I just want to say I am going to build my own control arms, even If I buy a set from AIM/Truckin and build myself a jig and send their crap back to them.
You are going to copy it....yet in the same sentence it is crap?

Quote:
I don't need a piece of paper from some dumb-a__ burueaucrat to build something for myself !!! I understand people wanting to be able to buy quality products, but this is suppose to be a FREE country and as long as two guys like me and Bagged Nissan agree to do business with each other it shouldn't be anybody's business but ours.
It is everybody's business as soon as you drive it on public roads. You don't need a bureaucrat's permission, you need insurance coverage.

Last, and most important...... "FREE" is not "Carte Blanche" to do anything that you want... It just amazes me when people throw around the term "free country" like it means free-for-all. Your freedoms/rights stop right at the edge of where mine start. Meaning that your freedoms/rights come with responsibilities. This is the point of "law and order"

Do whatever you want, you are going to anyway. I was just trying to give a guy a heads-up because it didn't sound like he knew what he was getting into.....and I was right. This is one of those things.............."If you have to ask...."

"Just because you are passionate doesn't mean that you are right."
"Louder doesn't make you right-er"
Old 12-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #52
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I don't give a damn if you built the Empire State Building, it becomes MY business when you put it on the road ... the same roads my family travels on.

P.S. Alan Keyes is an blooming idiot.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #53
bedsled71

hey dude just build the control arms or whatever you wanna build.. if you feel that it will be safe then build it... im sure atleast one person *****ing about this being safe deal has some tires on their car that have 2/ 32 of tread or less on thier car or truck but doesnt think about how thats not safe to other drivers on the road and by DOT standards it is nolonger legal to be on the road or also drove through a yellow light at high speeds...

Last edited by bedsled71; 01-01-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #54
jlaird

this thread should be locked....bunch of useless BS IMO.
Closed Thread