The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
the_goat

moultrie swap meet

Where can I find more info about this? I heard it's the first weekend in February.
the_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
OleSenna
Roof: Bad. Sky: Good.

Re: moultrie swap meet

Jan 31 to Feb 2, Moultrie 32nd. Annual Swap Meet at Spence Field in Moultrie, Georgia, $ 7-18, Electric Scooters Only, No Golf Carts, No Pets, Public enter Gate #3.

For more info: 888-686-2102 / Nostalgic Auto Ventures, 85 Kelly Lane, Adel, GA 31620. www.MoultrieSwapMeet.com.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #3
meathead95
computer illiterate

is this a pretty good swapmeet?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
the_goat

Thanks for the info. It's only a few hours from me, I'm going to have to check it out.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
the_goat

Who's been to this before? Here is what I'm expecting, rows of vendors selling the exact parts that I need, maybe even a few parts I didn't even know I needed, for ridiculously low prices. I'm picturing scantily clad girls giving out free drinks, food, etc. Am I way off base here? I just don't want to be disappointed.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
msgross

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_goat View Post
Who's been to this before? Here is what I'm expecting, rows of vendors selling the exact parts that I need, maybe even a few parts I didn't even know I needed, for ridiculously low prices. I'm picturing scantily clad girls giving out free drinks, food, etc. Am I way off base here? I just don't want to be disappointed.
dude, you hit the nail right on the head...are u sure u haven't been before?

Seriously though....
I went to the fall show and had a good time. It's not as large as I was expecting but then again, I live near Carlisle, PA and its HUGE!!!! (82 acres and packed)

I think I covered the grounds with Caveman49 in about 3-4 hours.... Lots of cars for sale and it's not as tightly packed as Carlisle is in the spring and fall... For our 2.5 hr drive I was sastisfied with what I saw... No bikinis though!

Prices were pretty normal but Christians Classics (Tim Christian board vendor) was there. Save on shipping for some parts....
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
meathead95
computer illiterate

i would say all of the good deals will be bought up by the vendors from each other whithin the first 3 hrs. and everything else will be average to high. thats how most of the swapmeets i have been to are lately. your kidding about the girls with free drinks and food i hope lol............
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
dhughins

ive been to the nov and feb swaps for the last 4 or 5 years, and haven't been dissapointed yet.i dont always buy stuff but i like to see whats available. usually takes me all day to see almost all of it walking briskly. its about a 3 hour drive from ozark, al. plus the hour time change.in feb i usually go on sat. and nov i used to go on fri. because that saturday would be the iron bowl
dhughins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Blazester

I've been going to this Moultrie event most every year the past 10-12 years or so..........it gets bigger and better all the time !!!
In November its ALWAYS the weekend before the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona, so there are quite a few sellers from up north who are heading down to Daytona.
There are quite a few vendors who specialize in Chevy/GMC trucks from our era at this event.......which makes it great !! A few South GA. locals like:Obsolete Chevy, Kelley's are always there and Kenny's Truck parts from Oklahoma usually shows up (just to name a few)........
This is now a THUR-FRI-SAT event, which changed within the last couple of years AND their preregistration to vendors cuts off 2 weeks in advance (which screwed me this past fall) They say they DO NOT do day-of-show vendor registation.....so plan ahead.
I say if your with 2-3 hours trip time YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED !!!
The weather in FEB. is always unpredicable......I've froze my arse off and next time short sleeves.......who knows.
Hope you can make it and find some good deals/parts !!
Blazester
Blazester is offline   Reply With Quote