The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
powerbench

3/4 frame diff

I have the chance to buy a c-20 with the paper work .I have a c-10 right now , but do to an oversite by the guy i bought it from, and me not checking into local laws before i bought it.....i won't be able to register it. What are the differences between the half and the three quarter ton frame and cabs....i know the frame to cab mount looks different....but can i swap all my suspension straight across?
powerbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: 3/4 frame diff

Why can't you register the C/10????
The cab mounts for a 2 wheel drive C/10 are diferent than all other trucks, and there's a few added braces on the C/20. Other than that, the frames are the same.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
powerbench

can't because ,the truck was bought from a tow yard with a tow yard title.The guy i bought it from had 15 days to go get a title from washington state. He figured because he had a title and was not from washington he didn't need to apply for one in the state...He some how was able to bring it across the border with all the canadian stamps and such, but when i went to our insurance company , they said i could not show continuity of ownership from the guy the tow yard got the vehicle from to them ...to my friend...to me..Any who , now i have a parts truck for the most part...so i was going to buy a canadian truck..(dirt cheap)....cab and frame with title....and swap the running gear into it instead. If i go theat route at least i won't have to have it inspected and go through that hassle....... what ever ..live and learn.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Yikes.
I hadn't noticed your location when you first posted.... seems kinda crazy. Hope you aren't out a bunch of cash.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
powerbench

naw it was a ..lets call it a cheap lesson to learn...still sucks...already started buying stuff for it then had a feeling after i read some suff on here, and from talking to a few people , that maybe i should check with our insurance company about getting a reggy.....could have been alot worst ...could have stuffed a bunch of money and time into it ...and had a lawn orniment...i really should learn to read passed the first pages...i just posted the same question that was asked yesterday..