The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
G35MIKE

What is it worth? 77 Silverado k20

One the guys I work with is selling a lwb 77' Silverado K20.

Here are the things I noticed.
Silverado Package
2 tone paint
Tach Culster
Bucket Seats
center console
cruise control
No AC or heater
No Power Windows
dual tanks
4x4
4spd manual
350CI engine
gm tissue dispenser
Fake wood paneling on the inside.

The truck is in somewhat rough shape. There is rust on the front fenders, bed, and tail gate. There is also rust near the box where the heater core box is? Inside the engine bay. The paint is faded. Needs tires. What would you pay for a truck like this? What would be a good offer?

Last edited by G35MIKE; 01-12-2008 at 04:57 AM.
G35MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: What is it worth? 77 Silverado k20

There are a few things you don't mention G35MIKE. How does it run? If it's a beat up rust bucket, but has a fresh motor then the value goes up. If the motor is tired, then it drops dramatically.

Based on your current description, I would say 900.00 to 1500.00.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
G35MIKE

Thanks for your response N2TRUX.

The engine sounds good, starts right up. But its very dirty and greasy. Seems to be the original motor/trans. I wouldn't call the truck a rust bucket. It's just showing its age i'd say.

The original doesn't want to budge on the price of 2500. I guess I'll keep on looking, or wait for him to change his mind.

Is there any specific areas that I should look for rust? Are there areas that could be hidden from the eye, that are prone to rust? What are common rust issues with square bodies?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
cochino12
It followed me home?

Here in Denver $2500 would buy a pretty decent 3/4 4*4 with maybe a little rust in the rockers or cab corners.

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

id say hes off on his price between $500-1000 the tach dash and if they are real bucket seats from GM with the console thats what makes it valuable or more valuable
Pics would help alot here
the woodgrain is also somewhat of a rarity on these trucks but if its faded its pretty useless

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
G35MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
id say hes off on his price between $500-1000 the tach dash and if they are real bucket seats from GM with the console thats what makes it valuable or more valuable
Pics would help alot here
the woodgrain is also somewhat of a rarity on these trucks but if its faded its pretty useless
The bucket seats look like the ones ive seen here on the site, as well as the center console. The interior looks pretty straight. The wood paneling looks good, no fading or anything.

Its just wierd it would have a tach cluster, buckets, and cruise, but no AC or heater, or power windows and locks. It just has an extra slot where the ac controls would be. I thought teh silverrado package would have every option available.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
bigblock73
yeller

I have never seen or heard of a 73-87 with no heater.

The buckets and tach make it special, but not special enough to make it worth anything if the truck is a pile.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

yeah it had to have a heater at one time, but ive been told that air was an option in all trim levels.. in thinking about this it was prolly a truck thats been modified by previous owners and all so the tach dash and buckets were prolly added
of course the tell tale sign would be to see if there are AC parts in the engine compartment or if the condensor was removed in front of the radiator.
Id really inspect the cab and the supports for it to see if those are good. that would be critical as to determining value.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote