The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #51
68Stepbed

Re: My interior is done!

Wow, thanks for all the compliments!

To answer questions, the color on the truck is PPG Atlantic Blue from the 04-present Dodge Ram pickups. The paint on the vc's and intake is engine paint called Cast Coat Iron made by DupliColor. You should be able to pick it up at any auto parts store. I was going for a different look than every other small block you see at car shows. The best thing about the color is it looks great with anything.

Next, I went over budget on everything else, so I haven't put my A/C and heat in it yet. I plan to get a Vintage Air system in the future. I just ran out of money for now. The steering column is from Ididit.

The seat is an original style seat. It has new foam that was custom made with the sculpted edges and center. Wayne's Auto Trim in Morristown, TN did the work. There is a foam rubber plant down the road from his shop and he is in good with the plant manager. He can get alot of neat custom foam made. The company kept the seat profile in their computer so he can get more made if he needs them for other customers. I was kind-of a guinea pig on this seat, so I got a VERY good deal on my whole interior. He didn't charge anywhere close what he should have.

The gray color on the seats was as close as I could get to the color on the engine parts. I was going to try to match the carpet to the seats, but the only color that matched good was a dark silver type color and the sample we were looking at was dirty and showed how bad it could look after a year or so, so we started looking at blue colored carpets. The carpet color we chose is called Midnight blue. I was a little worried at first because we were trying to invision the entire interior by looking at 3"x3" samples. I'm very pleased with the turn out. He orders the carpet premolded from ACC. then trims and adds where needed. I had put Dynamat all the way up the firewall on the inside, so he had to add more to cover it. There's a panel behind the seat where the tank used to be. It's covered, but you can't see it since the seat doesn't tilt forward. I have a set of 6x9 Pioneers mounted in the cab corners. The panels they sit in are also covered in the same material as the seat.

Well, I hope I answered everyone. Here are some shots of the exterior.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system

Last edited by 68Stepbed; 01-16-2008 at 05:14 AM.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #52
dilling

not to be rude , but what did it cost to do seat. I want to know if it is even in my ball park >?
dilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 AM   #53
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

SCHWING!!! Love it!
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #54
68Stepbed

I've got about $1600 in the whole interior. That's for carpet, seat and all. I think he said it was about $700 to do the seat.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #55
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Beautiful!

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote