The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
blender

68-72 drag truck rollbar

I have a 9 sec 68 and I am going through it and redoing it to go faster, I am looking for any pics or info on rollbars I am wanting to add a 11 point roll cage but not go out the back window to to tie into the rear frame I want to do a full cage all the way to the front frame under the hood 9 points in the cab and 2 points to the front frame does anyone know if this is passable or does anyone have any other suggestion that wont go through the back glass.

Thanks,
Blender
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
nitrofn

Re: 68-72 drag truck rollbar

Is this what you are lookingName:  Copy (3) of Copy of Copy of 07-07-07 015.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  84.8 KB
Attached Images

nitrofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
I have a 9 sec 68 and I am going through it and redoing it to go faster, I am looking for any pics or info on rollbars I am wanting to add a 11 point roll cage but not go out the back window to to tie into the rear frame I want to do a full cage all the way to the front frame under the hood 9 points in the cab and 2 points to the front frame does anyone know if this is passable or does anyone have any other suggestion that wont go through the back glass.

Thanks,
Blender
If your running at a NHRA or IHRA track I can't see you passing tech without the back bars, I'd be surprised if it did, especially running in the 9's where chassis cert. is required. I've heard of some inspectors accepting a funny car type enclosure in lew of the back bars coming off the top hoop, but they still had to run them just at box level, but this was on a 10 sec and slower tech. ( I know there is a board member on here that runs that type of setup )

Best thing to do is find out who does the inspections in your area and disscuss with them what would pass inspection before you start building. Seen guys before that did alot of work for nothing.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
blender

I LIKE HOW YOU HAVE THE ROLL BAR DONE. Are not going to go through the back window? Is this going to be a street rod or a race truck. I have a roll bar in my truck now through the back glass but really want to get away from it if possible.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote