The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
69cruiser
user title? why?

anyone know the best way to replace the cab floor

I have been looking all over the board and managed to find LFD's rocker 101 which is very helpful, but i need to replace the entire floor pretty much, and im not sure where to start.

All supports and everything else is rusty and needs to be changed, i got all the parts from LMC, but of course they dont come with instructions lol.

This is the first time i've done this, so if anyone has any advice or links to how-to's that would be much appreciated.

Pics of the cab floor and the new parts can be seen here:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=275280

Thanks a lot,
Cory
6-speed overdrive manual tranny, Mcloed Clutch.
12-bolt posi 3.73 gears
Belltech sport suspension 1" drop front 2" drop rear.
69cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: anyone know the best way to replace the cab floor

I can't help you with the install but I would like to clue you in on the vendors from this BB.They tend to have better prices and higher quality parts.Their customer support is also second to none.Good luck with the install and this will ttt.You can always try a search,there should be some good info in this forum and the builds forum.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
69cruiser
user title? why?

still searching but no finds as of yet. ttt....

anyone?
6-speed overdrive manual tranny, Mcloed Clutch.
12-bolt posi 3.73 gears
Belltech sport suspension 1" drop front 2" drop rear.
69cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #4
lks dcvn

not that it will help you immediately, but if you haven't seen ebfabman's videos on how to replace the floor pans, inner rockers, kick panels, lower A-pillars, cab supports, cab corners, and outer rockers (whew!) then you should...

www.ebfabman.com

The videos show how to remove the old parts, tricks and tips on how to install the new parts and a detailed break down on the order in which these parts go together.

Excellent resouce.

If spending more money to get your truck fixed up doesn't sound like a good idea - then you may want to head to the project and builds section of this message board there and look through many of the posts that detail the rust repair that people have taken on the steps they have used to get it all back together...

If I were to offer some advice that I have seen:

1. If your cab needs that much work - make sure that you brace the door openings prior to cutting out the old metal to insure that you don't get too much shifting in your cab...
2. Take pictures of what you are working on and post them up. People are more than happy to help, but your question is very broad and difficult to answer without specifics
3. Take your time - and prepare for the job to take three times as long and to find more rust when you get started.
4. Be patient - it will be frustrating at times - do not expect your patch panels to fit perfectly the first, second, or third time - they all require some work to make them fit.
5. Make sure that you keep safety as a priority when doing this type of work.

Keep us posted on how you are doing (pix are always helpful) - it does seem like with all that stuff you should learn a lot about metal work, welding, trimming, grinding, and a few new curse words along the way.

Good Luck.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote