The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #26
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Other Forums

I had a Celica for a while, and found a forum for Celica people. It became obvious pretty quickly that I was out of place....a bit too old for the ricers and their attitudes. Doesn't mean that there weren't nice people, helpful people, etc., on there, because there are. I just found that I was out-of-place, like a nun at a Hooter's.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:17 AM   #27
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
like a nun at a Hooker's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
like a nun at a Hooter's.
Think you had it right the first time!

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #28
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

There are other forums out there? Wow who'd a' ever thunk it!

I am a member of a couple other forums.Some are fairly nice others I quit visiting.This is home but I do go and check out the Garage journal once in a while.Other than that I have not found many places I feel as welcome as here.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #29
MisterE72
Keep Your Nose Clean

I think the rest of the world can learn from the respect and kindness everyone on this forum has for one another and their projects. It makes me feel good knowing this is one place my two sons can come to for advice when they inherit the 72.
MisterE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #30
LawMan02

It's not a coincidence that nice people are on this forum. I think that a superb style truck as ours, demands only the best attributes of an owner. lol

1973 Jeep CJ 5, 304, 33's with side pipes

2008 GMC 2500HD, CC, SWB, D/A, SLT
LawMan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #31
desertPOS

Just a quick opinion/ something to keep in mind as far as I'm concerned:

First off, I have found this forum very helpful, and the people very friendly/helpful. Some of the projects on here are amazing and there is great technical info on here for someone like me who is new to Chevy trucks (just recently bought a '69 C20). I've been on this website almost every day for over a month or so now, over 90% of which has been searching the forums for answers to questions i have, or just browsing through builds/threads trying to learn more about these trucks. I think it's kind of stupid that there is so much 'bashing' on other forums, however, I think it's completely understandable. I frequently am on the Toyota forum at www.pirate4x4.com (just to give an example). That website is hands down the best place to go for hard core, out-of-the-box, innovative rock crawling tech. I can't tell you how much I've learned from that site over the years. That site has grown so incredibly popular though, and has so many users accessing it now, that it seems like there are a lot of questions asked over and over and over repetitively to no end - most of which have already been answered countless times in detail and are easy to find with the search feature. These kinds of posts really water down the whole site with meaningless information and make it harder to use for those of us that really appreciate the hardcore technical aspect of the site. SO, sometimes people (alot of times actually) get *****ed out for asking questions that contribute to the board getting too watered down, and I think for good reason. Unfortunately, sometimes less computer savvy people don't know how to search, or people get feelings hurt by this. I go on that site for one reason: to find hardcore technical information and innovative ideas that are not available elsewhere. I do not go onto that site because I'm looking for friends, or affirmation, but I think some people do. Anyway, just giving my opinion...

That said though, people that cuss each other out and have their little 'e-battles' I think are rediculous, I think people should talk to each other online the same as they would face to face. So I agree that 'flaming' kind of sucks, but at the same time feel that sometimes it's almost a good thing because people that aren't serious about get thinned out from the rest. I think the problem probably grows alot depending on the number of users as well. Just my opinion...
desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:35 AM   #32
sjarrett71

For one, I don't think the people on the Bronco forum know as much as the people on this forum. On that forum, I searched over countless threads for something as simple as a how a stock radiator mounts or replacing a water pump (remember I am not a Ford guy). I couldn't find it, so I asked. I got flamed. I guess I was just spoiled by this site, If I had asked the same question here (about a 67-72 Chevy of course) about 10 people would have taken pictures and posted them. Maybe it's my fault but I assumed someone there would do the same thing. I can't wait to get the rusted broken bolts out of the block of the Bronco so I can put the water pump back on and get rid of that POS so I can find another 72 Chevy.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #33
WorkinLonghorn

There are a couple of Chevy truck forums on Usenet ,one for 4x4 only. I don't go there much anymore because they have maybe 1/50th the activity as here plus I don't remember seeing too many pictures.But there are some very knowledgeable and helpful posters there,they just possibly don't know about this forum.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #34
boogie67

I agree, great site.I have learned alot about my truck on this site.Im on a trifive site that is pretty cool too.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #35
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

I am a noob too.....and just like my name says....resto virgin, but with the insight and info from this forum I am getting "all grows up" and getting this wet stuff from behind my ears dried up (yeah right...I gotta looooooong way to go)!!!

Thanks

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #36
Dads 68 GMC

Smile Re: Other Forums

Good people@ good trucksgo hand in hand. I really like this site alot, you all are so helpful @ friendly.Just wish I could spend more time on this forum. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Dads 68 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #37
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

My DD is a Furd, asked 1 question on a F-150 forum and got hammered, no longer a member
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #38
ProjectDD
Paint, Body & Metalworker

I'm a member at nastyz28 which is for 2nd gen camaros. That was the best forum I have found til this. Unlike the other forum, seems you guys actually work on your trucks and arn't afraid of straying away from stock. Ah, tell one of those guys your putting 18's on a camaro and prepare to have 90% of the forum say no, too big.
ProjectDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #39
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

These are all reasons why I call this my second home.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #40
Weezer67

I used to have a 65 Ford (Forgive me) and was on two different Ford forums. If you were doing anything other than fixing your Ford up stock..they would burn you severely. I finally got my 67 bowtie stepper and sold the Ford. I actually told the Blue oval guys on my last post that I was putting a SBC motor in my Ford...then signed off before they could track me down. I love this board! My wife says I spend way too much time here...
Weezer67
Dodge City, Kansas
Weezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #41
502tripower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
For one, I don't think the people on the Bronco forum know as much as the people on this forum. On that forum, I searched over countless threads for something as simple as a how a stock radiator mounts or replacing a water pump (remember I am not a Ford guy). I couldn't find it, so I asked. I got flamed. I guess I was just spoiled by this site, If I had asked the same question here (about a 67-72 Chevy of course) about 10 people would have taken pictures and posted them. Maybe it's my fault but I assumed someone there would do the same thing. I can't wait to get the rusted broken bolts out of the block of the Bronco so I can put the water pump back on and get rid of that POS so I can find another 72 Chevy.
I have been a hard core Chevy guy all my life. In the early 70's I had T-shirts made that said F*&Ds SUCK. Boy did those F*&D guys hate that. I have coffee cups that I keep just for my F$%D buddies it says it all. Life is to short to let your friends drive F^%Ds... and when they show up for Coffee in the morning guess what cups they get... The reason those F*&D guys are bashing you so bad is they don't even know how to work on them fords. Thats why you see all these SBC in F&*Ds....
1963' Chev Custom Cab 502, 67' 435hp 3X2 intake, 9" 4:30 Posi
1961 Impala SS 348/350 4-speed 3:70 Posi
1961 Bel-Air Bubble Top 283 Turboglide soon to have a 348 3X2 4-speed
1950 17' Fairliner twin cockpit barrel stern 312 Y block 1X1 intake Borg Warner 1:1 gear
1957 Fleetform 14' twin cockpit barrel stern 1969 BP-125 Merc
1949 Transitier 3-wheel forklift Crosley 4-Banger
98' FXD
2002 2500HD

Last edited by 502tripower; 01-31-2008 at 01:52 AM.
502tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #42
Blue71LWB

I'm a member of a hunting forum , fishing forum , forestry sawmilling forum, and a atv forum, that I visit daily . And a few more that I check every now and then. This is the only forum I've ever sent money in to support. I've got some much help on here , you guys have saved me a lot of time and money !

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 AM   #43
Luvlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue71LWB View Post
This is the only forum I've ever sent money in to support. I've got some much help on here , you guys have saved me a lot of time and money !
Amen to that!
I went to one of the toyo forums - rebuilding part of a frame horn, front end on an Avalon - I found that noone COULD answer my questions - they were too busy putting guages and stickers on their cars. I started by saying their search tool turned up nothing and then asked my questions... The last response I got was "since you're a body/frame guy, why don't you fix it and tell us?" - that was the last time I "visited with "todays youth".
It burns me to have an obvious snot nosed kid (16-25) that still lives in his parents house, with a 30k vehicle, flame people for being lame or noobs, etc.
We have 15 and 16 year olds on here that conduct themselves like men and enough of their types are missing in the tuner world for sure.
Steppin' back down off the box now... This place is great!

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote