The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
drunkbus

Quarter Window Rubber Question

I will be having my single wall top sprayed inside and out with Arma Coating (a brand of spray on bedliner) this will add roughly 1/4-3/8 inch of thickness to the top. So what I was wondering is the quarter window rubber for a double wall top what I should use? I am assuming the differance in thickness between a single and double wall will be about what is made up for with the bedliner material. Any Thoughts?
drunkbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
DANTES JIMMY

Re: Quarter Window Rubber Question

Put The Glass In And Mask The Edge With Some Of That Cutter Tape Like They Use On A Bedside Of A Truck It Has A Wire On One Edge Of The Mask Tape
Ripppp Pull It Off And Perfect Clean Cut They Should Have Some At The Place Your Takin It To
Then You Dont Have To Worry About Ill Fit And Or Water Leakage
DANTES JIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkbus View Post
I will be having my single wall top sprayed inside and out with Arma Coating (a brand of spray on bedliner) this will add roughly 1/4-3/8 inch of thickness to the top. So what I was wondering is the quarter window rubber for a double wall top what I should use? I am assuming the differance in thickness between a single and double wall will be about what is made up for with the bedliner material. Any Thoughts?
How much weight do you figure that's going to add?

Why not just paint it?
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #4
drunkbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtblazer View Post
How much weight do you figure that's going to add?

Why not just paint it?
I don't think it would add over a 100 pounds in weight. I didn't want to paint it because I figure it would take a lot of prep to get it to look good. The bedliner material should hide a lot of imperfections. I don't plan on using the top a whole lot anyway. I also figured the bedliner will add a lot of strength and stability to an old fiberglass top. This company has a demo where they spray a styrofoam cooler lid with their product and it strengthens it enough to have a person jump up and down on it without breaking the styrofoam.
drunkbus is offline   Reply With Quote