The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
dhughins

best place to get alignment?

where is the best place in ya'll's opinions? i live in southeast alabama if that helps. i plan on getting new tires and wanna have it aligned afterwards. i already lowered it so i'm sure it needs it.
dhughins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: best place to get alignment?

well ill tell you where not to go is Sears i dont know anywhere in Alabama but i know sears is always a bunch of thieves no matter where they are

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Best bet would be find a local mom and pops shop, unless you've used a chain store's local branch before and trust their techs. Last year I dropped off my Lincoln for alignment at a Firestone at like 7:30am and was supposed to pick it up at noon, not only was it not ready by then but at around 2pm I got a call they can't align it cause my ball joints are bad - idiots, all the ball joints and bushings in the front end were replaced with heavy-duty Dana and ENS components just the week before, which is why I needed the alignment to begin with. Then by 5pm they had only done toe-in, said the sunset was messing up their laser machine - aight, next day I drop the car again, again supposed to be done by noon, and again it wasn't till I got off work. Naturally after a nice talk with the manager I didn't have to pay for anything, and as it turned out the toe-in was wrong anyways so I had to re-set it myself. On the other hand my local Belle Tire I always go to always treats me nice - I always get taken care of within an hour, I bring my car/truck in myself, I can stay and chit-chat with the techs while they're working, and in the end I never pay full price - real nice folks, always helpful too.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
blu87

I would deal only with an alignment shop not a tire dealer.
Ask around any street rod guys or local hang outs for their experiences.
If you've got primo wheels find out what if anything they're going to clamp onto your wheels. If your truck is bagged some shops won't touch the alignment.
I just got mine aligned here in Pensacola and needed to replace tie rod ends, pitman arm, shocks and lower b joints.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
OJOE
Crew Cut

you may want to talk to someone at one of your local body shops they always seem to know the good front end shops. if you want to drive the 80 miles to montgomery i will put you on to a good shop. joe
06 CHEV TAHOE (WIFES)
30 MODEL A HOT ROD
07 HARLEY DAVIDSON BAGGER
09 STREET GLIDE
AN D A LOT MORE JUNK
OJOE is offline   Reply With Quote