The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: "What'd ya take fer that old truck?"

if i figured in my vacation time, labor, pain in the back sleeping in the truck a few nights, lumping around heavy parts... 6 would be just a little profit. I had over 3 grand spend before I even got home.
Besides... I got some plans brewin, and if I were to sell it later, I'd probably make decen money off of it.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #27
70cst

I think I read that our trucks are priceless!!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #28
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

All I know is that 67-72 chevys are the hot ticket in Nigeria....Had guys offering twice my asking price on a couple occasions.
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
shelby987

I have had a couple of offers since I got my truck, I drove through a parade once (just passing through, not actually in the parade) and a guy tracked me down to ask if the truck was for sale. I always just stick with saying "no, but thanks"....I think lots of people think since it is not a show truck.....it is 'just a truck' to me....as if those of us who drive our projects actually know some magical place to pick these trucks up for $5.....but are more than willing to sell them for $500!
Hard to tell, but I am probably $4~5k into the truck so far, with purchase and upgrades, plus my labor I would let it go for $7k in a heartbeat.........but I always get pissed at the reactions I get when I pass out that number......don't ask if you don't want the answer!

On a side note, my father passed on two seperate guys offering him $15k for a truck he was less than $4k into including my driveway paint job.....and he said no!
1993 Olds. Cutlass Ciera Wagon Traded 2006
2003 Saturn L200 w/5pd. D/D
My list spans 5 decades with One common thread.....GM!
shelby987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #30
b.sharp

I agree, but it makes it hard on those of us who have sold our trucks and want another one to pay all that money for them. I would love to have another 67-72 truck but can't find one I can aford right now. I have even offered to trade my vw for a couple that weren't worth what my cars worth and had no takers. I have a 58 swb fleetside project but would love to have a good driver. My wife doesn't understand and always wants to know why I need another truck. I just tell her if you have to ask you will never understand. I'd like to find a longhorn one day in good shape but getting one from out west is the the only way to go. Maybe I can talk Andy into a road trip with me. At least I wouldn't be alone on the trip.

Latr,
Bryan

Last edited by b.sharp; 02-04-2008 at 07:22 AM.
b.sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #31
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

heh heh heh... road trips for old trucks ROCK! Esp if you go with someone.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #32
Longhorn321
Size Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.sharp View Post
I agree, but it makes it hard on those of us who have sold our trucks and want another one to pay all that money for them. I would love to have another 67-72 truck but can't find one I can aford right now. I have even offered to trade my vw for a couple that weren't worth what my cars worth and had no takers. I have a 58 swb fleetside project but would love to have a good driver. My wife doesn't understand and always wants to know why I need another truck. I just tell her if you have to ask you will never understand. I'd like to find a longhorn one day in good shape but getting one from out west is the the only way to go. Maybe I can talk Andy into a road trip with me. At least I wouldn't be alone on the trip.

Latr,
Bryan
Got any pics of that '58? Maybe we could work out a trade....

...WOOOO HOOOO!!!!
Longhorn321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #33
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Quote:
Since I got the burb here, I get hounded 3 or 4 times a week.
had a few ppl offer 5,000, and the latest was a note under the wiper with a name, number, and he said, I'd like to buy your suburban for 6,000.
Called him and said no.
How else are you going to finance the next "WEST COAST TOUR"?
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #34
Premium72

wouldnt sell it for the world. got to many memories, blood sweat and Happieness in my beast. my buddy said,"if someone offerd you 20grand you wouldnt take it?" i say no every time. and im serious.
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #35
Shane
Account Suspended

When they ask "whatya take for that ol' truck" ... I usually reply "What'll you give?"

It tends to sort out the serious ones from the lookie-Lou's pretty quick cause they'll spout off some ridiculously LOW offer or nothing at all.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:17 AM   #36
mrein3

Quote:
Originally Posted by haysonj View Post
They only ask me how much money I have in it.
DANG IT! Every time I have what I think is an original idea for a truck, I see a picture of one posted here that already did that.

I was thinking it may be neat to paint my truck white then stripe it to match my Triton bass boat.

haysonj: Nice truck and boat by the way.

Let me share a story about my truck/boat.

Soon after I bought the Triton I had it down on Lake Pepin (wide spot on the Mississippi where water skiing was invented). I was prepping it to get it wet and waiting for a pal who was going to practice with me for a tournament. Another bass boat/truck pulls up next to me to do the same.

The other guy gets out, we exchange plesantries, then starts shaking his head. He says,
"I don't understand how you can pull that boat with that truck".

I simply stated,
"That boat is depreciating in value. That truck is appreciating."

In an attempt to get back on the thread subject, I get asked "how much" all the time. Usually it is accompanied by a "my uncle had one" or "my grandpa had one" or "the neighbor when I was a kid had one"...

The only photo I have on this computer of my rig hooked to the boat has my buddy from France in it. He may have caught the largest largmouth ever caught by a Frenchman a few hours after that picutre.
Attached Images

Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #37
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
He may have caught the largest largmouth ever caught by a Frenchman a few hours after that picutre.
Poor fish ... the shame of it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 AM   #38
Mondo

I don't think people realize how much money you can put into these trucks. I have 67 short fleetside that I seriously doubt I'd get what I got in it (over 12 grand and it still needs a few things). I have a 72 short fleetside that I've had parked for over 10 years. I was going to fix it up but got the 67 for less than it would of cost me to fix up the 72 to the same level (and I paid more than I thought I should for the 67 because I knew what $$ he had in it).

Now I'm wondering what to do with the 72? It just needs a motor & power steering pump (well after sitting that long I'm sure there's more). Trying to decide if I should throw a motor in there and sell or sell without. I think I'd make more profit with a running truck.

I actually think people may pay more for trucks on the west coast (California)... or it could just be me

Last edited by Mondo; 02-06-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #39
dan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin_c10 View Post
All I know is that 67-72 chevys are the hot ticket in Nigeria....Had guys offering twice my asking price on a couple occasions.

Actually, I see these trucks all over the board in terms of price. There's a '71 Blazer in the local photo ad that's been there a couple weeks, looks pretty solid, for 2 grand. Then there's plenty of 'em for $10,000-$15,000, but not many in just daily drivers. One thing's for sure, they are going up in price, but I wouldn't count on it as my retirement fund.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #40
haysonj

Are you saying you won't send me a cashiers check for $25,000 site unseen for my rare 1972 Cheyenne corvette truck
Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #41
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

LOL
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #42
brad_man_72
the boat guy

sorry no pic together, im a little distracted when they are attached to eachother.
Attached Images

brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote