The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

Check this out

We had a very nice day here in NC Friday, so i washed and waxed my truck. After she was all cleaned up, i took her to her favorite place,the gas station. On the way home,a cop pulls out behind me,follows me for about a mile,then turns on the blue lights,i pull over and wait for his arrival to my door. Sir,i did not pull you over because you did anything wrong, i just wanted you to have my name and number, in case you ever decide to sale your truck! He said that he had been wanting one like mine for a long time. I have not been pulled over in ten years, so it was kind of exciting.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
DavesRide

Re: Check this out

A buddy of mine got stopped by a trooper once to only ask him how to fix a rattle in his wifes car. Seems he noticed his GM uniform when he stopped for a pop at the local truck stop where the troopers eat lunch. Gotta love it.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

In '74, I was driving home on the interstate in my '63 Falcon 2dr wagon and got pulled over by a state trooper for the same thing as you guys. Nice, but nerve-wracking until the banter begins.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
67shortie
Green club

I just had washed the Chevelle in the driveway once and a local PD pulled up in front blocking the driveway while I was in the house.

I walked outside while he was in his car punching stuff into the computer and when he got out walking towards me he was looking right into my eyes and fiddling with his utility belt. I was slightly nervous to say the least, things start shooting through your mind quickly...

Turns out he was restoring a '69 Vette and wanted to check the car out

Whew

Never had been pulled over though to check the car/truck out

Son you are going to drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln
67shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #5
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

I got pulled over in my truck once, but the cop just pulled me out and hand cuffed me, took me to jail and towed the truck... guess he wasnt a car guy

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
mvfd70

I got pulled over for the first time in my first 68 c-10. I was 16 years old and had my license for a whole 8 days. It was Street Machine National weekend (if anyone knows what that is) here in southern Illinois and I decided I was going to show off. Dropped the tranny in 2nd, reved the engine, and dumped the clutch. Got me for Illegal squealing/screeching of tires.
mvfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #7
DavesRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoC10 View Post
I got pulled over in my truck once, but the cop just pulled me out and hand cuffed me, took me to jail and towed the truck... guess he wasnt a car guy
LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

my old 64 GMC broke down on the busy single lane freeway exit ramp right at the light making everyone go around me on the shoulder. This state trooper comes off the freeway with lights and siren(Ohio troopers are known to be all business like the military)I'm thinking oh this is going to cost me big -aside from driving with historic plates (only allowed to go to parades and shows with them) I had not retrofitted lap belts either (state law) and no hazard flashers, so he gets up to me ask what happened , admires the truck and we get to talking, he helps me get a tow and redirects traffic (even chastising the idiots to stupid to go around me)

Last edited by jgrh64; 02-11-2008 at 03:02 AM.
jgrh64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:13 AM   #9
cameeks
Long Fleet Club

I like cops just not the select few that think they are better then everyone else.

I got pulled over on my bike for displaying my affection for that single sheriff. I pulled onto the HWY and got to the inside lane (with signal) because I go a little faster then everyone . when I got on and befor I got to the desired lane I looked back one more time and he was way back there so I finish changing lanes. I'm going 70 in a 65 but he takes no time to start ridding my @$$. He was close to. So after a few seconds of this I change lanes to see if he was running my tags he speeds up passing me so I show him my affection. He pulls in front of me and slows down and starts pointing to the side of the road with his right hand well through the tint and the cage it looks like he is flipping me off. We slow to a stop on the HWY in the middle lane. He gets out of the car and starts arguing with me about what I did and makes me get off of the bike. He slapped the cuffs on and stops traffic again to walk me to the center of the HWY. He goes back and pushes my bike off then almost gets hit when he drives his car off the road. He asked me why I felt the need to flip off a police officer so I told him he shouldn't be ridding peoples @$$ Police car or not. He started threating me with taking me to jail over this and I was starting to be late for work. I been to the police academy and was certified but decided not to pursue that line of work because of all the paper work so I knew there was nothing he could do. But I started calming down and agreeing with what he said to get this over with. He said the reason he was driving so fast was he was heading to a call. Apparently I was more important. He lets me go and I end up only being 1 min late for work.

'69 Chevy Custom/10 Long Bed <-- Thread of the work I did before selling.
Truck is now finished to the new owners design and running around.
I was shown some pictures of the finished product. At least it survived the junk yard.

FAQ Index by Krue Site Vendors Subscribe Here Forum Rules
cameeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #10
whatnow123

Talking about it at a donut shop is one thing, but I'd be pissed if I got pulled over for a "if it's ever for sale" or to just "check it out". That is way out of line for the authority they have.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=219094

Last edited by whatnow123; 02-11-2008 at 07:59 AM.
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #11
retodd7711
chrome makes it go FASTER!

That's like a cop pulling over a hot chick to ask for a date. Abuse of authority if you ask me
and she brings me beer.
She can stay for now.
EDIT:: But she left me anyway,
So forget her.

1962 GMC Stepside V6 4 speed
My rolling resto thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=324226
My old farm truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3465005
retodd7711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 AM   #12
Mondo

You guys are getting kind of harsh..... you want him to follow you all the way home before asking about your truck? I'm sure he's not pulling you over in the middle of rush hour etc.. I'd take as a compliment just like you do at the gas station.... granted it's a little nerve racking at first. But it's good to get the adrenaline going every once in a while. It's nice to know there are those in blue that appreciate nice rides.

I just quit riding sportbikes after 5 years. I figure I beat the odds with all the stupid stuff I've done and no tickets (or injuries). As far as flipping a cop off and expecting nothing to happen Your lucky it was a cop, you flip off someone around this town and your likely to get an asswhipping or shot.

lighten up guys, life's too short

Last edited by Mondo; 02-11-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #13
cameeks
Long Fleet Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
I just quit riding sportbikes after 5 years. I figure I beat the odds with all the stupid stuff I've done and no tickets (or injuries). As far as flipping a cop off and expecting nothing to happen Your lucky it was a cop, you flip off someone around this town and your likely to get an asswhipping or shot.
I guess you just things happen to you and say oh well. Apparently you don't know Texas. We don't take **** from anyone. And him being a Sheriff that was the most legal thing I could do to keep my @$$ out of jail. If it were anyone else they would have ended up with a pocket full of coins in their windshield.

'69 Chevy Custom/10 Long Bed <-- Thread of the work I did before selling.
Truck is now finished to the new owners design and running around.
I was shown some pictures of the finished product. At least it survived the junk yard.

FAQ Index by Krue Site Vendors Subscribe Here Forum Rules

Last edited by cameeks; 02-11-2008 at 08:36 AM.
cameeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #14
bowtieboy93

same thing happened to my dad in his galaxie
cops pull him over for speeding and car being too loud and yet barely said anything about that and just asked about the car
1991 GMC Sonoma, IROCS s10 grill
1963 Ford Galaxie 351/C4
bowtieboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I didn't get pulled over but I had a bike cop sitting beside me at a stop light asking me questions about my lowered '71.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #16
c10addict

You want to talk about a weird situation... I had a 96 Impala SS of course with lots of mods... I am rollin down the highway and see a cop car so I am being good... He slows down and gets behind me and flips the lights on to pull me over.. He was a car guy and just wanted to look at the car here he had a Buick Grand National... His family was growing and liked the SS's because of the size.. He had me open the hood and everything so he could tech it in.... THIS IS WHERE IT GOT A LITTLE STRANGE... He was driving a Crown Vic and said to me hey I am going to pull out and when there are no cars in front of us... get beside me and lets run them up to 100 mph so I can see how that thing runs... I laughed and he said no man I am serious! I hesitantly smoked his a$$!!! Thats one I will never forget!!
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote