The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
pan_head

broken spindle?

Hello folks I'm new around here, I recently bought a '70 LWB (driver) from my good friend Joe and been reading alot of great info on this site, you'all are addicts!

here's my problem: since I've had the truck for about a week I have tuned it up, fixed a collector leak and its running like it should; but today I heard a grinding noise from the left front drum and when I was loosening the spindle nut, the spindle shaft broke off at the threads where the cotter pin goes through it. This could have been real ugly if it let go at speed. i was going to attempt to tig weld it but the threads are pretty beat. I plan on getting a drop kit and disk brake conversion from ECE at some point.

Edited by Forum Staff, see reasons posted below.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 02-18-2008 at 04:56 AM.
pan_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
corn

Re: broken spindle?

Welcome to the site but I have to remind you about the rules...

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

* Any of these violations will lead to your account being suspended for 24 hours or more at the discretion of an Administrator the first time. Any future violations will lead to a permanent suspension of your membership. By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change without notice and a current version is always available in each forum. Furthermore, we reserve the right to "ban" your account for any reason at anytime. Any persons banned for any reason will forfeit there subscription fees to 67-72chevytrucks.com and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: broken spindle?

Sorry to have to edit your first post.
Welcome to the board, I bet if you were to look on the parts boad, you'll find someone who has what you need, and probably dirt cheap too.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote