The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
BeerMonkeY
sold

Few ?'s cause i forgot

well i dont have my burb anymore but i am helping a friend with a awesome project and he really doesnt know to much about lowering/bagging and seeing how i know a little i figure i need to find what he needs, in so spending his $$ for him. basicly he has a 74 international pickup and he has owned it for about 10 years it was lifted on 38's but he wanted to go a different route so we are putting it on a 86 2wd shortbed frame. so what im looking for is info, i guessing there really isnt any new stuff out since i bagged my burb. i wanted him to Z the front but he doeant want to do that much work and welding on the frame. so it looks like we will be going with 3" spindles and suicidedoors upper plates is there any way else (bolt on) to get the front lower? and for the rear it will just get the basic 4-link and notches, unless i can convince him to get the KP system fo it but its prob out of price range he is looking to stay in. i will get pics this weekend so everybody can see it.

looking for 73-87 crew cab with 8' bed,2wd,PM me if you see one around
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
BeerMonkeY
sold

Re: Few ?'s cause i forgot

just thought of something else. for the rear what sthe advantage of either a triangulated 4 link (which you dont need a pan hard bar) or a parralle one with a panhard bar. and i see on suicidedoors they have a bridge kit with the bag mounts on it, would you use the sleeve bags for a setup like that? on a side note does anyone know how much the kp kit is?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Bolt on? Dropmember and KP 6-link= Done. That's about 3 grand in hard parts, but it will be on the ground and done right.

Packaging constraints is why most use a panhard instead of triangulated. Our frames are just too narrow to make it work easily. Yes on the sleeves on the over axle bags. If they're on the axle, do sleeves; If they're leveraged in any way, like on a link bar or arm, use convoluted- generally speaking.

Sounds like a cool project. Good luck...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
BeerMonkeY
sold

dropmember? i have no idea what you are talking about, is this a pre made cut crossmember?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Yep. Made by the guys at porterbuilt.com. Lotsa trucks here using them including me. Uses the stock arms and drop spindles to lay the front on the ground with many other benefits. Do a search here and check it out. Highly recommended!

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Yep. Made by the guys at porterbuilt.com. Lotsa trucks here using them including me. Uses the stock arms and drop spindles to lay the front on the ground with many other benefits. Do a search here and check it out. Highly recommended!
Actually, IIRC it lays the rails under the cab on the ground w/the right combo of parts/tire dimensions & keeps the lower control arms approx 1" off the turf.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
BeerMonkeY
sold

looks like i might have him convinced to go with a KP 6 link out back (fullsizechevy is tryin gto get a group buy goin) and prob just use some sd upper plates w/no lower cups and some 3" drop spindles up front for now ,he doesnt want o blow his whole budget on the suspension.