The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
1969stepside

gas door

i have seen on this web site some of your alls gas tank relocation kits and i have seen where you have put you gas doors i realy like the one where the marker light is used as the door but i have a few questions like what kind of fuel lines do i need and what all sort of things do i need to set up the relocation kit(i have the relocation kit from brothers trucks) and i would like to have my filler neck in the marker light do i have to use the drivers side or the can i use the passanger side fendor and i have a stepside with a wooden bed can some of the people that have used the relocation kit and placed the filler neck in the marker light post some dierections of how to do that and will my marker light still work?
1969 Stepside Build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4253546
Chevy Trucks the longest lasting most dependable trucks on the road
1969stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

Re: gas door

.......take a breath-dude! That is one long-a$$ sentence! A period or comma once in awhile would do wonders.
Anyway,on to the questions. Whether you use the drivers or passengers side marker light for the fuel filler mod is totally dependant on the fuel tank. If the inlet is adjustable (bolt on flanged type) and can be positioned any ole which way- then you can use either side. If it's the more common welded on type then you'll have to use which ever side the inlet is pointing towards.
You should have no issues with running a wood bed if the tank is designed for a 67-72 C10 w/ remote fill. As far as the marker light "working".....I thought the rear units were just reflectors and didn't actually have a light? I could be wrong and if I am, forgive me 'cause I have a '67 w/o markers. Besides I'm sure somebody will edgicamate me right quick in the event I have smoked myself retarded.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Wait a sec while I catch my breath!
1969 stepside,please do use some punctuation.It will help us understand your question and allow us to give you better more precise answers.

Marker lights should work from 69(I think) on up.There should be a post (again I think) on Wes's site of the marker fill mod,including light.The first I saw this was Tennmans truck.It worked well.I think some have had issues witth slow filling but they may have done something a little different.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
1969stepside

so what all do i need to do to make it possible to make my light a fuel door
1969 Stepside Build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4253546
Chevy Trucks the longest lasting most dependable trucks on the road
1969stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
myoldchevytruck
Retired Air Force Veteran

I'm in the process of doing this. Like Dingfodgy said, allot depends on your tank. I believe the Brother's kit is a Poly tank and the fill is on the side at a 45 degree angle. That's is also the same setup I have. As for the Marker Light, it should just be a reflector lens.

Anyway, you should be able to use either driver or passenger side. I am using the driver side marker light. PanelDeland refered to Tennmans setup for this modification. He also uses the drivers side. Here is his link for a step by step how-to of this mod. Thanks to board member jorgensensc for posting this:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=77104

I think your inlet on your tank is 1 1/4 inch and the S-10 fuel neck is 2 inch. Here's how I reduced my Fuel neck. 2 inch reducer to 1 1/2 inch then 1 1/2 inch to 1 1/4 inch Now use 1 1/4 inch fuel line between to tank and fuel neck. Here's a pic of the copper hardware I'm using:

I am not finished yet so I do not have any pics yet. PS That hole in the back of the d/s fender has been filled

Good Luck

Harry

If you have questions, PM your number.
Swap 6 Lug to 5 Lug (w/ Disk Brakes in Front)
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board
Click Here For Information On How To Subscribe

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors

Last edited by myoldchevytruck; 02-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.
myoldchevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote