The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Hair

59 Cadillac tail lights

I'd like to see some pictures of different tail lights that people have molded into the rear fenders of a step side. Does anyone have a picture of a set of 59 Cadillac tail lights molded into the fenders of a step side?
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: 59 Cadillac tail lights

I've seen it, and it looks like complete ass, IMO.

As a fellow stepside driver, I've seen about every combo known to man in the rear, including using a channeled El Camino bumper and frenching tail lights into the rear wheel well.

Almost all of it looks like crap.

You can probably dig up a couple of other threads on tail light treatements for stepsides using hte Search feature.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 03-06-2008 at 08:35 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Here is one of many results I got with pictures after searching for "stepside tail lights":

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...de+tail+lights

There is one with caddy lights frenched in the rollpan. There are other threads with pics on the sides, but you gotta search it out on your own.

Cross-posting the exact same request in the Jimmys and Blazers forum probably wasn't the best course of action. Crossposting is against the rules you agreed to when you signed up

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

And more ... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...de+tail+lights

Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Hair

About the crossposting... I thought I was in this area when I posted that and then I couldn't find my post in this section so I posted it again. Now that you have informed me of that I know what happened to me. I'm sort of new at this forum stuff. I just messed up. As far as those rules go, I stopped reading them after about 6 hours and just clicked "agree". Sorry to anyone who has been hurt by my accidental misconduct.
I'm with you one the tail lights looking bad, but I don't care for the stock set-up either and I absolutely hate them in the roll pan so I'm thinking, but thanks a lot for the help that's what I wanted to see. A few of my ideas were already on there and I didn't like them either
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

No worries, we've probably all been there and done that. Just making sure you saw it in one thread or the other

I hafta admit, the setup I like best is ditching the reverse lights, and putting the smaller red lights in their place (ditch the "dumbo ear" brake lights).

I think the smnaller 2" daimeter lights with the bezels looks great. It is pretty amazing what everyone thinks of to do, though.