The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
1LoC10
Insert Title Here

Dale Jr 68 tribute on ebay

I think this guy needs to get rid of the reserve and take that 12 grand and run..lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...em140214432203

1000 pics of 67-72's>> http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...-72/?start=all <<
1LoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

Re: Dale Jr 68 tribute on ebay

I'm sure he has a ton of work in that thing, but I wouldn't give 12K for it. (if I had 12K to give, that is)
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
Jim_PA

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've cared at all about NASCAR, but I thought Dale Jarrett was #88, and Dale Jr, was #8.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've cared at all about NASCAR, but I thought Dale Jarrett was #88, and Dale Jr, was #8.
Dang, it has been a long time ...
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #5
retselgerg

the truck isnt awful it just looks bad...lol sorry to all the nascar fans, but not my cup of tea at all. much rather watch em line up, burn out, and run the snot out of em..

Last edited by retselgerg; 03-12-2008 at 07:19 AM.
retselgerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Dang, it has been a long time ...
True, also, last time I cared he was driving for budweiser.... Sunday I caught 10 laps of the race, and noticed his car had ARMY badges... Cliff notes?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Shane
Account Suspended

Nutshell Version for Jim_PA

Joonyer wanted more control / ownership at DEI ... Teresa said NO ... Joonyer said Screw you Teresea and left, along with his sister ... Joonyer said "Hey Bud, I'm going to Hendrick" ... Bud said "See ya later Jr.!" ... Bud courted Casey Kahne and Dodge ... Dale Jarrett is washed up, drives a Toyota and is retiring ... He won't be racing "The Truck" ... Gordon and Johnson haven't done squat since Joonyer showed up over at the Hendricks joint.

Joe Nemechek is still wrecking every car he gets in. Michael Waltrip talks "funny."

Last edited by Shane; 03-12-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
chevy_632
chevy_632

Put castrol on the side and a john force signature on the roof at least hahahaha j/k, but nascar is way to over rated dragracing is way more exciting and still doesnt deserves to be plastered on the side of a 67-72..my opinion tho..
chevy_632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #9
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:

Joonyer wanted more control / ownership at DEI ... Teresa said NO ... Joonyer said Screw you Teresea and left, along with his sister ... Joonyer said "Hey Bud, I'm going to Hendrick" ... Bud said "See ya later Jr.!" ... Bud courted Casey Kahne and Dodge ... Dale Jarrett is washed up, drives a Toyota and is retiring ... He won't be racing "The Truck" ... Gordon and Johnson haven't done squat since Joonyer showed up over at the Hendricks joint.

Joe Nemechek is still wrecking every car he gets in. Michael Waltrip talks "funny."

You forgot to mention that Darrell is STILL saying Boogety, Boogety!
NASCAR isn't what it used to be...
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!

Last edited by 67_C-30; 03-12-2008 at 09:15 AM.
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #10
Jim_PA

Quote:

Joonyer wanted more control / ownership at DEI ... Teresa said NO ...
That's about as far as I heard on the news .. Makes sense now. I thought someone was getting ripped off by an 88 Dale Jr.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
NASCAR isn't what it used to be...
Yea, it used to be on each Sunday. Now some Nascar show is on Speed at least 14 hours a day every day.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #12
Boog
laying low

Quote:

Damn straight! All true.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross

Last edited by Boog; 03-13-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM   #13
Boog
laying low

Quote:

Damn straight! All true.
I appreciate that guys enthusiasm for Joonyer and stock car racing. I love it too but I won't be painting my truck like that.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #14
HoupPhotography

I agree, waste of a completly good truck! The sport is dumb, it's a little retarded to have it on EVERY channel from Fri-Sun
HoupPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
caminokid
Chevy nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_632 View Post
Put castrol on the side and a john force signature on the roof at least hahahaha j/k, but nascar is way to over rated dragracing is way more exciting and still doesnt deserves to be plastered on the side of a 67-72..my opinion tho..
I agree. NHRA is for me now. NASCAR just went to hell after Dale Sr. died. And The King Richard Petty is no longer driving.

"Remember kids there is NO replacement for displacement!"
caminokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #16
Billla
Account Suspended

With the Car of Tomorrow stuff now making marque differentiation a matter of which stickers are put on I'd rather watch a go-cart race.

Bring back Trans Am! Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, Camaros...there's enough hot modern American (or semi-American) iron around to make it work!
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #17
cflvulcan

idk im not a big fan that truck at all...
cflvulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
Sinister
Between Trucks...

That is butt ugly...
Old 03-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #19
1bad chevy

Just Out Of Curiosity Wasn't Stockcar Racing Based On Stock And I Say It Again Stock Car's. What They Run Today All Look Alike And They Are Not Stock Car's Example Doe's Any Of Them Look Like Your Grandmother's Or Mother's Car's No It's All B%#%%%#%^&&it
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #20
72swb_327stroker_?
knuckle buster..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad chevy View Post
Just Out Of Curiosity Wasn't Stockcar Racing Based On Stock And I Say It Again Stock Car's. What They Run Today All Look Alike And They Are Not Stock Car's Example Doe's Any Of Them Look Like Your Grandmother's Or Mother's Car's No It's All B%#%%%#%^&&it
yeah, i always thought the irony of the wordingstockcar was a little strange when it comes to looks. that toyota is nothing stock. i would be ashamed to pull up to a light next to that thing with my poor little 327 and his 12000 rpm motor just purrin away

that truck is butt ugly indeed! ita nascar truck,but, its UGLY! i really dont like the newer beds on the back of our trucks, it must take alot of hours to get those lines to match up, but its just wrong to me

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!

Check out my suburban on 20's with fresh paint!
Click here to support the site
Check out the Member Photo Gallery here
StreetCruizin
FAQ thread
Site vendors list (scroll down to vendors in red)
join the the smilies fight club
72swb_327stroker_? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #21
Ol'Rover
Project: years too late.

i like it. Im a Jr.Fan, but i wouldnt pay 12 Grand! and i wouldnt have it raised, Ide drop it.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
fastazhell

nascar hasn't been the same since it became Nextel Cup. it was winston cup for years but it supposedly promoted smoking to youngsters...but yet the logic there is void because you have sponsors like Miller, Bud, Jack Daniels. Then the stupid points chase at the end of the season to simulate a "playoff" atmosphere... nascar has gone down hill in my book for some of their stunts. btw the truck looks retarded all done like that and I even like Dale Jr. I heard a commercial a long time that applies here: Be a fan, not a fanatic! turning rant off now!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #23
Psycho71

That truck is just tacky looking. From the new bed, to the ride height. Not to mention all that stickers.

Nascar, they just suck anymore. And I still TRY to watch the races. But it is getting more difficult every year. I'd bet my life savings that if Dale Sr were still alive, he'd either be retired by now, or things wouldn't be so different from the way they were. It's basically an IROC series now. I like the looks of the COT, and what is is supposed to do for competition. But it fell way short on the latter.

Nascar has gone too far to the right, trying to appeal to all of the short attention span fans that were drawn in by Jr and Bud. But now that's out the window too. Those fans have been split between Jr (now at Hendricks), and Bud (now on Khane's car). So Nascar has to find a new direction fast, or they're going to sink inot relative obscurity again. Then there's the fact that they frown upon any driver showing the least bit of emotion. These guys are out there for hours running on the ragged edge, and Nascar expects them to be happy as larks and give nothing but positive interviews when they exit the car. That's just obsurd if you ask me. I WANT to see some emotion, maybe even a few fist fights, after the races. Like it used to be. That's what made Nascar great, and that's what's missing now. But we won't have to worry about it much longer. They are in the early stages of a downward spiral, and unless they turn it around quick, it will end up just like Baseball, Football, or any other major sport the multi million dollar sponsorships & salary caps have ruined.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #24
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad chevy View Post
I think the rule is that the hood and trunk have to be factory pieces. They are allowed to cut out the supports though.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #25
Psycho71

They used to have templates for different manufaturer's cars. Now is one generic tamplate (they call it the "Claw") for every car on the track. There's nothing stock about them anymore.

The reason, they say, they did this was to knock a chunk out of the wind tunnel testing. Theory being, if eveyone is the same, there's no advantage to it.

But in reality, the cream will still rise to the top. The best teams will still be the best, and the worst will still be the worst.

Nascar used to be based on the principle that what won on Sunday, sold on Monday (the cars). That principle has been absent for many years now. Now, it's all about how many sponor's dollars can they put in their pockets before the green flag waves, and what kind of deal can we strike for next week. The manufacturers just don't see the benefits they used to from investing in the sport. That's why most of them have drastically scaled back investing in it.
Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!

Last edited by Psycho71; 03-14-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote