The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
68SHORTBOX

Cadillac Power Seat Wiring Diagram

Anyone have or know where I could get a copy of the wiring diagram for the 6 way power seat from a 94 Cadalic??
68SHORTBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

Re: Cadalic Power Seat Wiring Diagram

I think most GM power seats are Orange or Red wire = hot feed, Black = ground. Be sure to fuse the hot feed; probably 30 amp. Friendly service tech at the dealership told me they most all are that way.

That's how my Buick split bench seat (that I haven't installed yet) is wired. It seems to operate correctly wired direct to battery terminals that way.

My Jeep uses 30 amp fuses in the seat circuit, too.

Someone smarter than me will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope your seat has the 6-way controller built in the side of the seat instead of the driver's arm rest......
68shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
68SHORTBOX

Thanks for the info, that is what I thought but with that much current draw for the three seat motors it pays to check things out. Controls not in seat, but I pulled the switch pad from the armrest and will fab somthing to hold it. Got all of the wiring. Seat was covered with sheep skin covers and were in perfect shape. Not even one little blemish. Must have been covered since new I could not believe it. Half price sale at the parts yard whole thing came to a unbeleviable $ 20.25 total. Need more days like that.
68SHORTBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
jayharrell
Gettin By on Gettin By

What year are those buick seats out of?? I'm running a buick 455 in my 69 and am thinking about using buick seats. Kind of a half chevy half buick theme.
jayharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
68shortstep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayharrell View Post
What year are those buick seats out of?? I'm running a buick 455 in my 69 and am thinking about using buick seats. Kind of a half chevy half buick theme.
My seat is out of an '05 LeSabre.

Sort of what I'd call a baby-sh!t brown color (sorry). It's a split bench leather w/ very bucket seat-like backs (comfy) & integral lap/shoulder belts & center armrest/cupholder divider, both sides electric, both sides heated (haven't played with that part yet - may not - don't drive my truck in bad weather anyhow).

Seat's in storage right now, sorry no photo.

Paid $ 150. Probably too much, but I liked it, measured that it should fit, & I treated myself.

Just gotta get my old bones motivated & take enough time to mount it. Been waiting for a rewire/interior redo, gas tank move, & Dynamat & Vintage AC install to happen all at once, so basically, nothing at all has happened yet inside the truck.

Bummer.

Last edited by 68shortstep; 03-19-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #6
jayharrell
Gettin By on Gettin By

LOL.. i'm at the same point in my build. Got enough done to think about what needs to be done, but still have to time the buttoning up of what i'm currently doing to fit with what i want to do.

05 LeSaber. I've been looked at a 78 park avenue. Seems all are about the same width, with full power and all. What do you have planned for the seat button pannel??

Growning up *flash back* we had a 79 lincoln with baby s*$% yellow leather. Very cool and retro, now that the 80's are back in style.
jayharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
cstanley

Re: Cadillac Power Seat Wiring Diagram

yup, you'll prolly have a big orange and one or two little ones (driver's.) mine needed both the big orange and one of the smaller oranges wired up. i don't know what the third was for. this was an 04 trailblazer, but still prolly not too different.

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
68shortstep

Re: Cadillac Power Seat Wiring Diagram

Seat controller is on the side of each seat - driver & passenger - so no switch positioning to mess with.

That was one of the reasons I chose that style seat.

CSTANLEY is right. Each side has an orange hot wire or two going to it. I tested with it all fused off one in-line 30 amp fuse.