The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Tow Hooks 67-68 Style

I have a pair of 67-68 style tow hooks that I want to sell...I will post picture later,but I'm sure most of you know what they look like.They are in great shape...175.00 shipped.....

70-C/30 DUALLY
Castiron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
Mint68

Re: Tow Hooks 67-68 Style

You could also try posting them on the 60-66 parts board, I believe they were the same style.
Mint68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #3
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint68 View Post
You could also try posting them on the 60-66 parts board, I believe they were the same style.
correct, i think the part numbers change a little, but the overall design is the same from 60-68
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Thanks I'll do that not much interest here..........

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint68 View Post
You might want to read the rules before giving advice.

XIV. Multiple Posting - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, private message the forum Moderator and ask if they would move it for you.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
Mint68

Correction....

You should try posting this in the 60-66 classifieds instead of the 67-72, the target audience will be larger , hopefully increasing the chance of a potential sale. You should ask a moderator to move this to the other classifieds for best results. Sorry, I did not want to read the rules before I posted my "help".
Old 03-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #7
ZOOMY

Would you please post the part numbers cast into them ?...............Thanks..........ZOOMY
ZOOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Red face Re: Tow Hooks 67-68 Style

Zoomy will post cast numbers later this morning.

MINT...Thanks for the Help...........

FRED T........

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred T View Post
You might want to read the rules before giving advice.

XIV. Multiple Posting - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, private message the forum Moderator and ask if they would move it for you.
this seems a little extreme in this situation, a subscribing member has to pick the forum to sell thier item, even when there isnt a way to judge which one this particular post belongs in? power trip?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

ZOOMY.......................Looks like the casting numbers are 33-19-60

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutNova View Post
this seems a little extreme in this situation, a subscribing member has to pick the forum to sell thier item, even when there isnt a way to judge which one this particular post belongs in? power trip?
review the site rules.. its in there, its not allowed and if you wish to discuss the power trip, contact Josh.. who wrote the rules about it. As far as the staff, we have a zero tolerance policy on things like this. Calling names for doing their job does not fly. Please reread the site rules and guidelines before posting again.
48 hr account suspension.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
Mint68

I feel very sad for what my original post has caused. I did not intend to suggest another member break any rules on this site we all love so dearly, I merely wanted to facilitate him in a smooth sale. My post suggested the sale should be in a different forum, not in multiple forums. I was not instructing him to post multiples of the same for sale ad. I am familiar with the rules of this forum; I have been an active member for a while now, never reprimanded for any of my postings. I do appreciate Fred T pointing out the “open ended nature” of my post, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel talked down to by that same post.

Sorry for the mega-hi-jack

Good luck with your sale
Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #13
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

Hey Guys not a big deal I appreciated the help......................Tow hooks will go on E-bay.....Sorry to start such a fuss...........I guess we all have to be politically correct these days.............So that we do not ruffle any ones feathers.I am not going to call any one any names,but I do think that in this case no body did any thing intentional to break any rules.Good paying board members here,just trying to help.End of story..............

70-C/30 DUALLY
Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Castiron9 Mint68. Neither of you did anything to upset me. I thought the inserted smiley would tell you that my tongue was firmly planted in cheek on my comment. It was meant to give instruction, not criticism. And you can look, I am the last one here to be on a power trip. I'm too danged old and tired for that kind of stuff.

The boss here takes a stern view on duplicate posts. I might not always agree with Josh, but it is his board and he makes the rules.

Good luck with peddling the hooks on e-bay. Usually you can get a lot more for them there than here, there's not as many fools here.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #15
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
review the site rules.. its in there, its not allowed and if you wish to discuss the power trip, contact Josh.. who wrote the rules about it. As far as the staff, we have a zero tolerance policy on things like this. Calling names for doing their job does not fly. Please reread the site rules and guidelines before posting again.
48 hr account suspension.
FRED T: i apologize for what i said about a power trip, i didnt mean it to be as bad as it sounded. i can understand why this rule is in place, as it would be hard to read thru the same posts all over the forum.