The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
1971ChevyTruck

No lights in dash or dome light

I have all my other wiring questions just about solved. Except I have no juice to the dome light and the lights in my bezel are not working. I checked the dome light with a hot wire and it works---but when I plug it in to the connector by the fuse box it won't come on---I have tried everything with the head light switch--and it is brand new. I checked all the fuses and didn't find any blown. I'm stumped.

I also don't have lights in my bezel--I do have juice going to the bezel on two prongs--but when I plug it in I have nothing---I did check all the bulbs and they are all in working condition. Where do I start??
1971ChevyTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: No lights in dash or dome light

trace the wires for the dome light. They are probably damaged/broken/cut under the drivers side sill plate.
On the dash lights, pull the inst panel, and trace the inlay wires on the circuit panel.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM   #3
jef5150
Inline 69

check your rear parking lights...those and gauge lights are all on the same fuse" !If you turn on the "parking lights" and you have no DASH lights it could be the small ground clip not connected.As far as your dome light,it has an orange and white wire that should go into a connector under the dash and then come out as 3 wires,2(?) of them (loop)power to your rear break light switch,they run along the drivers side door under the carpet (if you have carpet) up to the dome light.your gas gauge sending unit wire (brown ?)will be under the carpet too for a "in cab"gas tank ..heres the dash ground clip also.Hope it helps

jeff
Attached Images

jef5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
hogrocket

Regarding your bezel lights. I was having the same issue. I hooked up a separate ground on the back side to the printed circuit and it cured my problem. Good luck.
hogrocket is offline   Reply With Quote