The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
setandreel

2 speed washer/ wiper ?

Hey all
I have a 65 standard cab and am doing some upgrades, I went to advance auto and got a 2 speed wiper motor and a washer unit all hooked up and works great, got my switch and bottle and hose kit from classic parts, question is how or where do I route the hose's, found a hole beside the heater I can run from the bottle to the washer motor, but the hose's to the squirters not sure about don't want to drill any hole that might leak into the cab. does anyone have a diagram on the hose routing?
Thanks
mike
setandreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: 2 speed washer/ wiper ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setandreel View Post
Hey all
I have a 65 standard cab and am doing some upgrades, I went to advance auto and got a 2 speed wiper motor and a washer unit all hooked up and works great, got my switch and bottle and hose kit from classic parts, question is how or where do I route the hose's, found a hole beside the heater I can run from the bottle to the washer motor, but the hose's to the squirters not sure about don't want to drill any hole that might leak into the cab. does anyone have a diagram on the hose routing?
Thanks
mike
Mike:

Here are a couple photos showing the wiper fluid hoses exiting the firewall through a three-hole grommet, just to the driver side of the heater box, as well as entering the windshield cowl extension, to feed the left and right squirters, with rubber grommets. All of these holes should be in the firewall and windshield cowl already, so you shouldn't be any drilling required.

When installing rubber grommets, wipe them with dielectric grease, petroleum jelly, dishwashing liquid or the like and use a slotted screw driver with a blunt tip. Slice the grommet on one side and put around wire or hose and insert the grommet from the engine bay side. Be careful not to punch through the grommet by being to aggressive. They will pop right into place and provide a good tight seal around the wire or hose. If you don't have any of the right size, try your favorite local auto parts store (flaps), they will have an assortment to chose from.

Also, note the wiper fluid hose clips, that secure the hose to the top lip of the firewall. This is the factory set-up for a truck equipped with wipers and washer bottle.

I hope this information is helpful and good luck with your project.
Attached Images

Last edited by LILRED66; 04-02-2008 at 07:29 PM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
setandreel

Tony I see where the factory punched the squirter holes so I just need to drill them, on the fire wall beside the heater box is the hole the same one the orange wire for the heater motor runs through?
Thank you Tony you are and over the last good while been a GREAT help.
thanks
Mike
setandreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
PA66C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by setandreel View Post
Tony I see where the factory punched the squirter holes so I just need to drill them, on the fire wall beside the heater box is the hole the same one the orange wire for the heater motor runs through?
Thank you Tony you are and over the last good while been a GREAT help.
thanks
Mike
The hole for the heater blower wire connection is not the same as the hole that your washer lines go through. if you look closer to Tony's picture, you will see they are very close, but not the same.
Shawn